MSI vs. ABIT who will will? YOU DECIDE!

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • MSI
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
March 27, 2006 1:19:03 AM

Alright then, I'm building a commision for a friend and I've narrowed down the motherboard choice to either:

MSI K8N Neo4-F
or
ABIT KN8

They're both pretty much the same as far as I can tell. Do any of you have experience with either of these board and are able to advise on which is better, or suggest a comparable Mobo in the same price range (<$85)?

Thanks a ton :D 

More about : msi abit will decide

March 28, 2006 9:42:15 PM

Why is the ASUS board poor? (This will sound noobish, but...) The reviews on newegg are much good, as opposed to the MSI or ABIT one. Also, the feature set is the same...
Related resources
March 28, 2006 9:57:18 PM

Go with the MSI board, I was a huge ABIT fan(all most a fanboy), but receantly they where involved in a merger. So I wouldn't go with an Abit board, any time soon, because I wouldn't want it to end up haveing horid support 6 months down the road when the merger takes place.
March 28, 2006 10:26:28 PM

Quote:
Why is the ASUS board poor? (This will sound noobish, but...) The reviews on newegg are much good, as opposed to the MSI or ABIT one. Also, the feature set is the same...

haha... reviews on newegg....
u believe in that BS review?!?!
some people even write the review before receives the item....
what a review...

edit: i used to be an asus fan... but is it asus name worth the price??
my recommendation
March 28, 2006 10:52:13 PM

I've always been a fan of abit. So much so that I've used them in my last 3 builds. Probably can't go wrong with either choice though.
March 28, 2006 11:19:08 PM

I have 3 MSI boards, 845PE and 2865PE and never had a problem. Easy to update the drives and BIOS with their update program and their web support is pretty good as well as the documentation you get with the board. I think some of Abit's 939 boards are/were having problems with USB. There was discussions on their forum. Been a month or more so it may be fixed, even possible it was another mfg but pretty sure it was Abit.
March 28, 2006 11:23:57 PM

I've used both and had good results with them. A friend of mine who works in a PC shop says they usually RMA Abit boards the LEAST. However, I think either would do well for you. For $85.00 you could also go with the Epox EP-9NPA3ULTRA which comes with the somewhat more refined Ultra chipset and SATA II support.
!