Unable to fly ANY heavies. Battery failuer? Can't get reso..

(excuse the spaces. keyboard is a bit dicky)

Folks, a mate and I are stumped.

The "default flight" is the barron "cold and dark".

I have some GoFlight stuff but I don't think this is the cause of the
problem - but it is "helping" kindof.

Ok, the story so far.

Usually I fly the barron. It flys ok and doesn't fail electrically
at all.

Recently I thought I would have a fly in the A340.

Loaded, and went through all the stuff.

Start APU.

Push back.

Start engines, etc...

Taxi.

Just before the runway, everything electronic goes off.

REPEATEDLY

It is annoying me no end.

I remember something about the "mags switch" being off causing this
problem.

Ok. I press the M key and get the same result, repetedly.

AARRGGHH!

Quick mention here:

switchs.

Anyway, now trying the GoFlight buttons, there is an "engins ALL Mags
>" button.

I assigned that and saw it "work" on the barron. Pressing it once,
Mag Left. Next time Mag right. Third Mag both. Fourth, start.

Ok.

Still doesn't stop the problem.

Even loading a 777 (Stock one) it dies but somewhat later on.

Granted I don't remember if I tried the stock 737 - as it has the
knobs for the Generators.

But I am at wits end how to get them flying/working.

HHEELLPP!

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod

>Just before the runway, everything electronic goes off.

Why don't you use the FSUIPC option to set the battery life?

===
Best Regards
Katy

DB

Turn the Generators on after engine start.

Map the ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR to any key you wish (I use "A") and press it
after start...that should cure it.

....but I also do what Katy said - I set FSUIPC to make the battery last for
30 minutes.

Hope it helps.

Damian

"KP" == "Katy Pluta" writes:

KP> >Just before the runway, everything electronic goes off.
KP>
KP> Why don't you use the FSUIPC option to set the battery life?

That's cheating!

;-)

There is an obvious systemic BUG in the program. How do I fix the
effects of it?

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod

"D" == "DB" writes:

D> Turn the Generators on after engine start.

After?

Drats!

But thinking about that, it doesn't make sence.

The magnetos are turned on before the engine is started.

D> Map the ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR to any key you wish (I use "A") and
D> press it after start...that should cure it.

I'll give that a go.

But a quick question: in which list is "alternator/generator" found?

D> ....but I also do what Katy said - I set FSUIPC to make the
D> battery last for 30 minutes.

30 minutes. Wouldn't cut it for a trans-oceanic flight.

But thanks.

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod

>There is an obvious systemic BUG in the program. How do I fix the
>effects of it?

By using FSUIPC, that is what this option is for :) FS2004 is better
than FS2002 or before in this regard, the battery drained even quicker
in earlier version but far from enough, especially when you use
complex add-on panels and not simply CTRL+E to start-up in a hurry...

===
Best Regards
Katy

I haven't been following this thread, so I don't really know if this is
relevant, but...

If the problem is with the aircraft's batteries running down, you can go
into the aircraft.cfg file for the airplane, locate the:

[electrical]

section, and add this line to the end of the section:

electric_always_available = 1

If this is irrelevant, please ignore...

"KP" == "Katy Pluta" writes:

KP> >There is an obvious systemic BUG in the program. How do I fix
KP> >the effects of it?
KP>
KP> By using FSUIPC, that is what this option is for :) FS2004 is
KP> better than FS2002 or before in this regard, the battery drained
KP> even quicker in earlier version but far from enough, especially
KP> when you use complex add-on panels and not simply CTRL+E to
KP> start-up in a hurry...

Katy, I get all the engines started, gen's turned on, and start
taxiing.

10 or so minutes into the taxi, because the gen's aren't on (as far
as FS is concerned) all the electrics die.

Yes, it seems that adding the assignment to turn on gens to a
key (joystick button) seems to work.

Alas if there is any bounce, they are turned off again......

There should be a way of checking their status.

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod

> Alas if there is any bounce, they are turned off again......
>
> There should be a way of checking their status.

But Jarod,
You do realise that they are not real batteries don't you, just pretend
ones? Any programming or fiddling with files is not a cheat it's the proper
way to proceed in a sim...

I get these impatient with people days from time to time, sorry folks :-(
It must be the bone marrow playing up again...

--
Quilljar
see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Quilljar wrote:

>>Alas if there is any bounce, they are turned off again......
>>
>>There should be a way of checking their status.
>

> But Jarod,
> You do realise that they are not real batteries don't you, just pretend
> ones? Any programming or fiddling with files is not a cheat it's the proper
> way to proceed in a sim...
>
> I get these impatient with people days from time to time, sorry folks :-(
> It must be the bone marrow playing up again...

What is going on? If you feel you can tell us... I've never known you
to be impatient in the short time I've known you.

--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

> What is going on? If you feel you can tell us... I've never known
> you to be impatient in the short time I've known you.

Kind of you Bob,
It's always good to have another ex serviceman take an interest! I was told
I had this chronic (long term) Leukemia the other day. It's not very bad at
all, but I get a bit tired now and again. No treatment required for some
years I understand.

--

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:52:18 +0000 (UTC), Quilljar wrote:

>> What is going on? If you feel you can tell us... I've never known
>> you to be impatient in the short time I've known you.
>
> Kind of you Bob,
> It's always good to have another ex serviceman take an interest! I was told
> I had this chronic (long term) Leukemia the other day. It's not very bad at
> all, but I get a bit tired now and again. No treatment required for some
> years I understand.

Damn, Quilly!
That's a slap in the face!
Sorry to "hear" that.

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Chance favours the prepared mind.)

Marcel Kuijper wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:52:18 +0000 (UTC), Quilljar wrote:
>
>>> What is going on? If you feel you can tell us... I've never known
>>> you to be impatient in the short time I've known you.
>>
>> Kind of you Bob,
>> It's always good to have another ex serviceman take an interest! I
>> was told I had this chronic (long term) Leukemia the other day. It's
>> not very bad at all, but I get a bit tired now and again. No
>> treatment required for some years I understand.
>
> Damn, Quilly!
> That's a slap in the face!
> Sorry to "hear" that.

Thanks Marcel,+
No problem really. It strikes the over 60s now and again. My dad died at 74,
and my doctor told me I had probably another 10 years with this disease, so
I said he had just increased my life expectancy by 6 years!!

After 150 deck landings in the navy you get rather fatalistic about these
things. Especially as I was the Observer and not the pilot! I didn't get my
pilot's licence until I was 64...What a great day that was I went around my
first solo punching the air with my right fist, until I realised I had left
the circuit!

You see, I'm rambling already...

--
Quilly

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:42:25 +0000 (UTC), Quilljar wrote:

> After 150 deck landings in the navy you get rather fatalistic about these
> things. Especially as I was the Observer and not the pilot! I didn't get my
> pilot's licence until I was 64...What a great day that was I went around my
> first solo punching the air with my right fist, until I realised I had left
> the circuit!

It just proves that you're never too old to learn.
And you've done have 150 more deck landings than me. :)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the

"Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
!
> Sorry to "hear" that.

Yes, me too Quilly! Hope it doesn't cause you too much distress.

Iain