AgtX

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I have been using a Thermalright xp-120 but I recently bought some memory modules with the heatsinks on and led's that show the usage of memory and now the thermalright heatsink heatpipes wont clear the memory modules, so ive been forced to revert to the stock AMD heatsink, temperatures are not good!.

What heatsink is best that will fit? any recommendations.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I know but his main problem is that the XP-120 is blocking the ram slots. This became my problem before with my mobo. I was deciding on getting the zalman or the xp-120, but checking on thier dimension I know that its' gonna block the #1a ram slot. So I got this Big Typhoon instead and I got pleanty of room to work on. The cooling is alright with big typhoon, I have 42 on idle and 49 on full load so I was satisfied with it. :D

AgtX

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
That ninja heatsink looks good, seems to be a problem with availability at the moment though.

AgtX

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Nope, ive got the A8N32, the heatpipe whatsit gets in the way.

I got the Ninja heatsink, it barely fits, i had to bend the bottom fin up to clear the ram and mount the fan on the bottom side cause its the only place it will fit and off center, talk about tight squeeze.
the cpu is sitting idle at 43 degrees, i was hoping for under 40. I think water cooling is on the cards.