Printer Memory (Canon i9900, etc.)

I'm comparing a few printers such as the Canon i9900, HP DeskJet 9600,
etc.

I noticed that the Canon i9900 has 80k for "Buffer/RAM" while other
printers in the same price range such as the HP DeskJet 9600 have
"Memory" of 16 MB. How will this affect print jobs? I will sometimes be
printing complex vector-based images and am worried that the print job
will crash using the Canon i9900.
Is this really an issue to be concerned about?

RaggedMagnet wrote:
> I'm comparing a few printers such as the Canon i9900, HP DeskJet
9600,
> etc.
>
> I noticed that the Canon i9900 has 80k for "Buffer/RAM" while other
> printers in the same price range such as the HP DeskJet 9600 have
> "Memory" of 16 MB. How will this affect print jobs? I will sometimes
be
> printing complex vector-based images and am worried that the print
job
> will crash using the Canon i9900.
> Is this really an issue to be concerned about?

No, the i9900 in practice prints with incredible
speed and driver stability. Prints faster than most
if not all other printers in it's class (WAY WAY
faster than Epson printers). It obviously isn't a problem.

Mike

RaggedMagnet wrote:
> I'm comparing a few printers such as the Canon i9900, HP DeskJet 9600,
> etc.
>
> I noticed that the Canon i9900 has 80k for "Buffer/RAM" while other
> printers in the same price range such as the HP DeskJet 9600 have
> "Memory" of 16 MB. How will this affect print jobs? I will sometimes be
> printing complex vector-based images and am worried that the print job
> will crash using the Canon i9900.
> Is this really an issue to be concerned about?

I print Autocad based drawings on 11"x17" paper regularly on an i9100
with absolutely no problems. I don't think inkjet based printers need
to store the entire document into memory before printing like a laserjet
etc. Otherwise a photograph (requires allot of memory) would never make
it out of the printer.