VPN server for use with native XP client?

Hi,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a VPN server (perferably
dedicated hardware) that will work with XP's built-in VPN client,
rather than making you install some custom software?

Thanks
- Ian

--
Ian Chard, Unix & Network Administrator | E: ian.chard@sers.ox.ac.uk
Systems and Electronic Resources Service | T: 80587 / (01865) 280587

    Ian Chard wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone have a recommendation for a VPN server (perferably
    > dedicated hardware) that will work with XP's built-in VPN client,
    > rather than making you install some custom software?
    >
    > Thanks
    > - Ian

    Nortel VPN Router for deployments over 10 users. Netopia 3300-ENT
    series for small deployments of only a few remote users and slower speed
    cable modem and ADSL deployments. model 1010 VPN router is the small
    unit, and they go up from there.

    One other that supports PPTP I have worked with (The protocol of the XP
    VPN client) is Watchguard X Core series (But not the Edge or SOHO lines).

    There are others, these are the ones I'm familear with.
    --
    WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
    Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

VPN Windows XP Servers Networking