vpn problems to win2k server error "Error 800: Unable to e..

MDs

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004

Hello everyone,
I am trying to connect from win2kpro to small business server 2000 thru a
vpn connection.
I installed a second nic on my server and did the ICW and RRAS wizards and
enabled ports 1723 and 47.
I even did port fordwarding to thru the router(SMC 2804wbr) to forward
direct to my server using first the external nic, then the internal nic,
then both. and still nothing, I keep getting "Error 800: Unable to
establish connection ".
I looked in Support.microsoft.com, but was no help. The router is a
wireless g router/ap combo and is definetely after 2000 and firmware issue.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Thank You.
Rich.

MDs

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004

yes and 1723
"Joe Beasley" <jbeasley@otaku.freeshell.org> wrote in message
> Did you enable protocol 47???? Not port 47..
> --
> jbeasley@sdf.lonestar.org

PPTP passthrough?

"mds" <mdsrepair@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
> I am trying to connect from win2kpro to small business server 2000 thru a
> vpn connection.
> I installed a second nic on my server and did the ICW and RRAS wizards and
> enabled ports 1723 and 47.
> I even did port fordwarding to thru the router(SMC 2804wbr) to forward
> direct to my server using first the external nic, then the internal nic,
> then both. and still nothing, I keep getting "Error 800: Unable to
> establish connection ".
> I looked in Support.microsoft.com, but was no help. The router is a
> wireless g router/ap combo and is definetely after 2000 and firmware
> issue.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction.
> Thank You.
> Rich.

TRENDING THREADS