multiple vpns through a wireless router getting disconnected

Me and my roomate are trying to connect to work (we work in the same
company) through cisco vpn. We each have secure id tags and are using a
DLINK DI-524 wireless router. The thing is when both of us try to
connect at the same time one of our connections gets disconnected while
the other persons gets through. Could someone tell me how to overcome
this problem. Is there a router there which would support this kind of
a connections.
Thanks
Karthik
3 answers Last reply
More about multiple vpns wireless router disconnected

    Your remote end doesn't like 2 VPN connections from the SAME IP Address.
    You will need to do 1 of a couple things. Get a router or firewall that
    can establish a point to point vpn tunnel with your work or get a 2nd IP
    address to use. Getting a 2nd IP might mean getting a 2nd Dlink or
    similar router. I'm sure there are other solutions too.

    ksundara@gmail.com wrote:
    > Me and my roomate are trying to connect to work (we work in the same
    > company) through cisco vpn. We each have secure id tags and are using a
    > DLINK DI-524 wireless router. The thing is when both of us try to
    > connect at the same time one of our connections gets disconnected while
    > the other persons gets through. Could someone tell me how to overcome
    > this problem. Is there a router there which would support this kind of
    > a connections.
    > Thanks
    > Karthik

    Is it possible to connect through to different routers to the same
    cable modem. How do I look for a router that would establish a point to
    point vpn. Is this something I need to do with the router to get it
    setup or from the software.
    Thanks
    Karthik

    It is possible...

    To use your PC based SW..
    #1 The cable modem would need to be set as strictly as a modem. This is
    sometimes called transparent mode or bridging.

    #2 Your provider would need to give you at least 2 IP Addresses.

    #3 If the cable modem includes a 4 port sw then you would plug
    each if the routers into the modem. If not, then a small hub or switch
    would be needed between the modem and the routers.

    #4 You would a buy a 2nd Dlink or whatever and Configure both with
    the Static IP addresses your ISP gave you.

    If you want a single router doing a point to point (site to site) tunnel
    then would depend on what your employer uses at their end. There are
    several different flavors/types of VPN sw and not all are compatible
    with each other.

    ksundara@gmail.com wrote:
    > Is it possible to connect through to different routers to the same
    > cable modem. How do I look for a router that would establish a point to
    > point vpn. Is this something I need to do with the router to get it
    > setup or from the software.
    > Thanks
    > Karthik

VPN Wireless Router Connection Networking