Samsung Galaxy Music Phone Slated for October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone would walk down the street with it.
Would be nice at the beach or floating down the river in a tube or out in the boat or laying on the beach or a few drinks in the backyard or in the cabin bmxing or at the skatepark

G

Weak specs. My nearly two year old phone has better specs than this (minus the big speakers)

jimmyjohnz

Honorable
May 14, 2012
I have a feeling that this will be more to compete at the price range of other higher end music players, so $200-$300 instead of the usual $600-$700 for new sammy phones.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
meh, people are annoying enough with the speakers on the phones we have now. I wish Samsung would update the galaxy player to see some competition in the media player area.

halcyon

Splendid
There's no way they can put any speakers that sound like anything in there. ...Junk. Samsung has chops and they can do great things...but this is junk.

I have to hook up a HeadRoom TotalBithead to my SGS3 to get headphone sound that's as good as I expect from my cans. This gadget is just a toy for kids.

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Holy crap an FM tuner in the phone...seriously, why don't more phones have this. Hopefully that's not the actual screen resolution, because that is terrible. My flip phone from 2006 has that same resolution.

[citation][nom]pliskin1[/nom]Holy crap an FM tuner in the phone...seriously, why don't more phones have this. [/citation]
Pretty much all Samsung phones, some HTC and Sony phones have this. I have to research on Motorola's, but some of their handsets have it, too.
It's great to have, I agree. Not everyone wants to use up their monthly data allowance on some internet radio app.

goodegg

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Samsung already tried this in 2008 with the MP3 player YP-S5. Go ahead and look it up. I almost bought one. It had a slide up/out speaker that was supposed to sound good. They didn't. Oh, and you could watch videos on it's screen. 176x220 resolution, 15fps videos.

"This is a really cool idea and I really want one", said no one. Get a JamBox if you want good sound from your cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.