Conroe 64bit?

So is Conroe a 64bit processor? If so, can somone confirm?
24 answers Last reply
More about conroe 64bit
  1. Quote:
    So is Conroe a 64bit processor? If so, can somone confirm?

For the 4 hundredth time, YES!!! Conroe is 64-bit. It's also Dual-Core (With a Single-Core rumored to be released) and has a bunch more stuff.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
  2. yes, as a matter of fact, it is a 64 bit processor. I think it's relatively safe to say that any new processors coming out this year will in fact be, 64 bit.

And don't listen to Mike, he's only said that 399.5 times today :tongue:
  3. Yeah theres a single core version, millville I think it was called and comes with 1mb of cache. Most likely it'll be a celeron or whatever they're call it now.
  4. Quote:
    Yeah theres a single core version, millville I think it was called and comes with 1mb of cache. Most likely it'll be a celeron or whatever they're call it now.

Millville? LOL that's freakin' hillarious, lol. I bet the next CPU will be "SmallVille" LOL get it? If you get that, that's the BIGGEST joke in computers, LOL! I rule ;).

SideNote: On a side note, I just enjoyed a shower and a shave, pretty nice I think since I haven't had a chance to bathe since Friday and my deodorant and cologne were working afterhours ;). I think I might grab some more food and layback watching Movies and/or episodes of House on my comp in HD, hehehe gotta love technology ;).

5. Quote:
    For the 4 hundredth time, YES!!! Conroe is 64-bit.

Man... do ppl not read other threads in here? Was there any confusion that Conroe wouldn't be 64 bit? LOL.

People 'round here are killin' me. There seems to be this influx of n00bs in the past 3 weeks all askin' the same questions.
  6. Tell me about it... an like ya gotta have over 4 gigs of RAM just to boot it, it will take years before the hardware can catch up with Vista for it to just get as responsive as XP... :roll: An ya must have ECC memory! :mrgreen:
  7. Quote:
    Tell me about it... an like ya gotta have over 4 gigs of RAM just to boot it, it will take years before the hardware can catch up with Vista for it to just get as responsive as XP... :roll: An ya must have ECC memory! :mrgreen:

Wouldnt use windows as it is just cant shake my addiction to PC games. Must play FEAR...... Dammit gotta go.
  8. Agreed. The only reason I use windows is for games. If games ran the same on linux or MacOS I'd be using those.
  9. The best reason to use vista is its monthly installment lease plan for borrowing the software, and the interest and late fees aren't bad either.
  10. i'll use Vista when I don't have to pay for it. muahahaha!

WPA is going to be a bitch to crack this time... I'm sure of it.
  11. Quote:
    Millville? LOL that's freakin' hillarious, lol. I bet the next CPU will be "SmallVille" LOL get it? If you get that, that's the BIGGEST joke in computers, LOL! I rule ;).

Is there a "SmallVille" in Oregon?
  12. Quote:

Is there a "SmallVille" in Oregon?

Smallville & Superman & K8 & Kryptonite & AMD/Intel...any of that soaking in yet?

13. I see, you have missed the whole Intel naming thing. Most of their code names are from places in Oregon.
  14. Quote:
    I see, you have missed the whole Intel naming thing. Most of their code names are from places in Oregon.
    I live in Oregon, and I've been to Intel's plant. They have the best kept campus i've ever seen in my life. it seems as though they spend more money on their lawn than on R&D :P .
  15. Quote:
    I see, you have missed the whole Intel naming thing. Most of their code names are from places in Oregon.

And obviously you don't get the joke, so we're done talking.

16. There's an Intel FAB about 10 minutes from my house (Rio Rancho, NM). I'm in the middle of the desert. Somehow Intel has managed to keep their grass greener than a soldier year round.

I also once visited the research facility in DuPont, WA. Grass was hella green there too.

I think they probably spend 25% of their budget keeping the grass green.
  17. Quote:
    There's an Intel FAB about 10 minutes from my house (Rio Rancho, NM). I'm in the middle of the desert. Somehow Intel has managed to keep their grass greener than a soldier year round.

I also once visited the research facility in DuPont, WA. Grass was hella green there too.

I think they probably spend 25% of their budget keeping the grass green.
    Lol thats pretty much what I said in my post above :P .
  18. Quote:
    Yeah theres a single core version, millville I think it was called and comes with 1mb of cache. Most likely it'll be a celeron or whatever they're call it now.

512kB L2
  19. Actually intel are going to screw us around and conroe will be a 65bit processor :wink:
  20. Quote:
    Actually intel are going to screw us around and conroe will be a 65bit processor :wink:

Oh? 1-bit parity check? Or can we use it to access higher Memory space (in pages of 64K)?

Old 286 joke...
  21. Nah. its just marketing, they wanted to be one better than AMD :wink:
  22. ... and lo and behold, AMD pulled out a massively multicore processor: the X6 66 bit.

Looks good enough to run BSD on it.
  23. Quote:
    Man... do ppl not read other threads in here? Was there any confusion that Conroe wouldn't be 64 bit? LOL.

There are other threads about Conroe!? Where!? (<--Sarcasm)
  24. yap those newbies are killing us ..but what the *** they gotta live too :evil:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors