Which non SLI/Crossfire mobo?

wildmigpr

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I’m looking for the best non SLI/Crossfire mobo for under $125. I’m building a new rig with a Athlon64 3700, ATI X1900XT & 1 gig (maybe) of ram. I plan to do some overclocking (I have never done it) nothing to drastic but want to try. Any help will be much appreciated.

I have a Biostar 6100-939 mobo, baught when they first came out. Have not had a single problem with it.... period. $69 dollars right now, I think.
This one has the 410/6100 chipset.

( this machine has run an average of 12 hours a day for over a year, maybe closer to 2 now. Got the board when they first came out, so whatever the time is )

It has onboard video, in case you don't get your card at the same time.

Memory, ocz platinum, 2 1gig sticks, $200, less 40 rebate, $160.

and an arctic cooling freezer pro 64, which helps keep my 3700 "cooler", when using the automatic overclock, getting it to just under 2.8..... unfortunately, not cool enough, but way better cooling than o-e-m provided with the chip from amd. Stock is ok if you're not gonna oc'.

ASUS has recently come out with a non-sli baord with the 430/6150 chipsets onboard. From what I've read, not a whole lot faster than the above. It also has onboard video. May be worth looking into.