sending a contact Via sms

October 12, 2004 6:15:59 PM

Hello,

I have an Imate pocket pc and would like to know how can I send by sms a
contact to another contact, for example if I want to send by sms a phone
number and an address of somebody to somebody else whenever I choose to send
it the system gives me the choice of either bluetooth or infrared no sms
sending is there a software for that.

Thank you,

Ayman Salem

More about : sending contact sms

Anonymous
October 12, 2004 6:16:00 PM

That's an interesting question. I don't think you can. I don't remember that
I could do it in my Nokia and SonyEricsson previous phones as well. But it
IS a good idea.

You can send it by IR and by Bluetooth, though, which is more efficient if
the other phone is nearby.

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

"Ayman Salem" <mosalem@cyberia.net.lb> wrote in message
news:o nCNxzEsEHA.2588@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I have an Imate pocket pc and would like to know how can I send by sms a
> contact to another contact, for example if I want to send by sms a phone
> number and an address of somebody to somebody else whenever I choose to
send
> it the system gives me the choice of either bluetooth or infrared no sms
> sending is there a software for that.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ayman Salem

Anonymous
October 14, 2004 1:00:06 AM

It's probably not going to work because of sms size limits, but...

highlight the contact

<ctrl-C> on the soft keyboard

start and address a new sms message

tap body

<ctrl-V> on the soft keyboard

Some providers simply truncate the sms message when it exceeds 150
characters total... some generate a sequence of multiple sms messages...
won't hurt to try.

fyi, the above "paste" is in vcard format

hth,
Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!