XP Service Pack 2

Service Pack @ is a flawed download package of software that can cause
permanent damage to your computer. I am suprised that a big company like
Microsoft would be allowed to deliberately to send this update out to
millions of unsuspecting computer owners.

This update is wrong and should be erased from computers everywhere. Ths
update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours.

"Let the computer live don't download SP2" <Let the computer live don't
download SP2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Service Pack @ is a flawed download package of software that can cause
> permanent damage to your computer. I am suprised that a big company like
> Microsoft would be allowed to deliberately to send this update out to
> millions of unsuspecting computer owners.
>
> This update is wrong and should be erased from computers everywhere. Ths
> update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours.

First of all, only an idiot like you would believe that a service pack can
cause permanent damage (you know...damage like the permanent brain damage
you seem to have).

Secondly; Microsoft did not deliberately send it to you. You either had to
turn automatic updates on or download the network install. In either case,
you could have simply terminated the download, or failing that, you most
certainly could have chosen not to install it. You ignored all the warnings
that Microsoft posted. You did not backup important data prior to
installation of SP2 (but then again a simple task like backing up is very
much beyond your limited comprehension level).

By all means, erase SP2 from your computer. While you are at it, erase
everything on the drive. You are far too stupid to won a computer. After
you erase your hard drive, turn the computer off, and place it somewhere out
of sight. Then go back to playing with your Gameboy. You can't handle
anything more than that.

Bobby

Let the computer live don't download SP2 wrote:
> Service Pack @ is a flawed download package of software
> that can cause permanent damage to your computer. I am
> suprised that a big company like Microsoft would be
> allowed to deliberately to send this update out to
> millions of unsuspecting computer owners.
>
> This update is wrong and should be erased from computers
> everywhere. Ths update almost ruined my tower and I hope
> it hasn't ruined yours.

Just because your computer had problems doesn't mean that all of
the millions of successful installations are "flawed." You'd do
better if you spend your energy trying to fix your problem, rather
than simply trying to fix the blame. Please explain how a software
installation, even a flawed one, could possibly cause hardware damage,
as you claim.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
count on having both at once. - RAH

Let the computer live don't download SP2 wrote:
> Service Pack @ is a flawed download package of software that can cause
> permanent damage to your computer. I am suprised that a big company
> like Microsoft would be allowed to deliberately to send this update
> out to millions of unsuspecting computer owners.
>
> This update is wrong and should be erased from computers everywhere.
> Ths update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours.

It has done nothing bad to the thousands of systems I have pushed it too..
But thanks for the warning.

--
<- Shenan ->

MERLIN

Let the computer live don't download SP2 wrote:
> Service Pack @ is a flawed download package of software that can cause
> permanent damage to your computer. I am suprised that a big company like
> Microsoft would be allowed to deliberately to send this update out to
> millions of unsuspecting computer owners.
>
> This update is wrong and should be erased from computers everywhere. Ths
> update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours.

Oh, you've so convinced me!

99% of the problems with SP2 (or is that SP@?) are because users are: a)
already infected with spyware, b) already infected with worms, trojans, or
other bugs, c) multitasking while trying to install the update or d) not
disabling their AV software while updating or e) not updating their
already-installed software with updates that are compatible with SP2
(notably Norton's system-invasive software).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Let the computer live don't download SP2" <Let the computer live don't
download SP2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Service Pack @ is a flawed download package of software that can cause
> permanent damage to your computer. I am suprised that a big company like
> Microsoft would be allowed to deliberately to send this update out to
> millions of unsuspecting computer owners.
>
> This update is wrong and should be erased from computers everywhere. Ths
> update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours.

Bobby...After reading your last response, perhaps you
should check out the following link:
http://www.minibite.com/oldies/humble.htm It fits you to
a "T".

suit yourself needledick: you obviously dont't know a thing about computers.

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> "Let the computer live don't download SP2" <Let the computer live don't
> download SP2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Service Pack @ is a flawed download package of software that can cause
> > permanent damage to your computer. I am suprised that a big company like
> > Microsoft would be allowed to deliberately to send this update out to
> > millions of unsuspecting computer owners.
> >
> > This update is wrong and should be erased from computers everywhere. Ths
> > update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours.
>

> First of all, only an idiot like you would believe that a service pack can
> cause permanent damage (you know...damage like the permanent brain damage
> you seem to have).
>
> Secondly; Microsoft did not deliberately send it to you. You either had to
> turn automatic updates on or download the network install. In either case,
> you could have simply terminated the download, or failing that, you most
> certainly could have chosen not to install it. You ignored all the warnings
> that Microsoft posted. You did not backup important data prior to
> installation of SP2 (but then again a simple task like backing up is very
> much beyond your limited comprehension level).
>
> By all means, erase SP2 from your computer. While you are at it, erase
> everything on the drive. You are far too stupid to won a computer. After
> you erase your hard drive, turn the computer off, and place it somewhere out
> of sight. Then go back to playing with your Gameboy. You can't handle
> anything more than that.
>
> Bobby

I challenge you to disprove any statement I made in that post.

Bobby

"Slow boot with XP" <SlowbootwithXP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:FDF05B1F-C504-4799-A1D1-D2269284E339@microsoft.com...
> suit yourself needledick: you obviously dont't know a thing about
> computers.
>
> "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
>

>> "Let the computer live don't download SP2" <Let the computer live don't
>> download SP2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Service Pack @ is a flawed download package of software that can cause
>> > permanent damage to your computer. I am suprised that a big company
>> > like
>> > Microsoft would be allowed to deliberately to send this update out to
>> > millions of unsuspecting computer owners.
>> >
>> > This update is wrong and should be erased from computers everywhere.
>> > Ths
>> > update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours.
>>

>> First of all, only an idiot like you would believe that a service pack
>> can
>> cause permanent damage (you know...damage like the permanent brain damage
>> you seem to have).
>>
>> Secondly; Microsoft did not deliberately send it to you. You either had
>> turn automatic updates on or download the network install. In either
>> case,
>> you could have simply terminated the download, or failing that, you most
>> certainly could have chosen not to install it. You ignored all the
>> warnings
>> that Microsoft posted. You did not backup important data prior to
>> installation of SP2 (but then again a simple task like backing up is very
>> much beyond your limited comprehension level).
>>
>> By all means, erase SP2 from your computer. While you are at it, erase
>> everything on the drive. You are far too stupid to won a computer.
>> After
>> you erase your hard drive, turn the computer off, and place it somewhere
>> out
>> of sight. Then go back to playing with your Gameboy. You can't handle
>> anything more than that.
>>
>> Bobby

johnf

What's the 1%, Rick? :)

--

johnf

> 99% of the problems with SP2 (or is that SP@?) are because users are: a)
> already infected with spyware, b) already infected with worms, trojans,
> or other bugs, c) multitasking while trying to install the update or d)
> not disabling their AV software while updating or e) not updating their
> already-installed software with updates that are compatible with SP2
> (notably Norton's system-invasive software).
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Let the computer live don't download SP2" <Let the computer live don't
> download SP2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Service Pack @ is a flawed download package of software that can cause
>> permanent damage to your computer. I am suprised that a big company
>> like Microsoft would be allowed to deliberately to send this update
>> out to millions of unsuspecting computer owners.
>>
>> This update is wrong and should be erased from computers everywhere. Ths
>> update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours.

Genuine conflicts due to incompatibility.

--

"johnf" <john_f@bigREMOVEpond.net.au> wrote in message
> What's the 1%, Rick? :)
>
> --
>
> johnf
>
>> 99% of the problems with SP2 (or is that SP@?) are because users are: a)
>> already infected with spyware, b) already infected with worms, trojans,
>> or other bugs, c) multitasking while trying to install the update or d)
>> not disabling their AV software while updating or e) not updating their
>> already-installed software with updates that are compatible with SP2
>> (notably Norton's system-invasive software).
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Let the computer live don't download SP2" <Let the computer live don't
>> download SP2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Service Pack @ is a flawed download package of software that can cause
>>> permanent damage to your computer. I am suprised that a big company
>>> like Microsoft would be allowed to deliberately to send this update
>>> out to millions of unsuspecting computer owners.
>>>
>>> This update is wrong and should be erased from computers everywhere. Ths
>>> update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours.

He can't, as he doesn't know how to provide real examples and argue
effectively.

--

"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
>I challenge you to disprove any statement I made in that post.
>
> Bobby
>
> "Slow boot with XP" <SlowbootwithXP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:FDF05B1F-C504-4799-A1D1-D2269284E339@microsoft.com...
>> suit yourself needledick: you obviously dont't know a thing about
>> computers.
>>
>> "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
>>

>>> "Let the computer live don't download SP2" <Let the computer live don't
>>> download SP2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> First of all, only an idiot like you would believe that a service pack
>>> can
>>> cause permanent damage (you know...damage like the permanent brain
>>> damage
>>> you seem to have).
>>>
>>> Secondly; Microsoft did not deliberately send it to you. You either
>>> had to
>>> turn automatic updates on or download the network install. In either
>>> case,
>>> you could have simply terminated the download, or failing that, you most
>>> certainly could have chosen not to install it. You ignored all the
>>> warnings
>>> that Microsoft posted. You did not backup important data prior to
>>> installation of SP2 (but then again a simple task like backing up is
>>> very
>>> much beyond your limited comprehension level).
>>>
>>> By all means, erase SP2 from your computer. While you are at it, erase
>>> everything on the drive. You are far too stupid to won a computer.
>>> After
>>> you erase your hard drive, turn the computer off, and place it somewhere
>>> out
>>> of sight. Then go back to playing with your Gameboy. You can't handle
>>> anything more than that.
>>>
>>> Bobby

johnf

Thanks, Rick, you covered that nicely.

--

johnf

> Genuine conflicts due to incompatibility.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "johnf" <john_f@bigREMOVEpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> What's the 1%, Rick? :)
>>
>> --
>>
>> johnf
>>
>>> 99% of the problems with SP2 (or is that SP@?) are because users are:
>>> a) already infected with spyware, b) already infected with worms,
>>> trojans, or other bugs, c) multitasking while trying to install the
>>> update or d) not disabling their AV software while updating or e) not
>>> updating their already-installed software with updates that are
>>> compatible with SP2 (notably Norton's system-invasive software).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>>
>>> "Let the computer live don't download SP2" <Let the computer live
>>> don't download SP2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

"This update is wrong and should be erased from computers everywhere. Ths
> update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours."

Methinks the writer of such twaddle would be the kind of person who lines
his house with Aluminum foil to keep out the governments rays

"Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
> "This update is wrong and should be erased from computers
everywhere. Ths
> > update almost ruined my tower and I hope it hasn't ruined yours."
>
> Methinks the writer of such twaddle would be the kind of person who
lines
> his house with Aluminum foil to keep out the governments rays

Would he put the aluminum foil on top of or under the padding on his
walls?

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

How about the DELL or should that be (D)HELL owner who claimed that SP2
trashed/broke his CD rom drive and that MS told DELL they were goin to re
issue SP2 on Sept 29 fixed