Left Handed Mice?

jkinsey

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Hi All,
I would like to ask a few simple questions about mice. Why don't MFG's make mice for left handed people? Why doesn't Tom's Hardware when reviewing mice take this feature into consideration?

The articles I have seen here only talk about so called ambi mice but really to do a fair comparison of a mouse that is said to be for both hands you should have someone that is left handed to test the mouse also. Most ambi mice do not fit a left handed person at all. Most of them that have thumb buttons only have those buttons on the left side of the mouse so those buttons are worthless to the left handed user.
What floors me is that all my life companies have made Left handed baseball gloves but no one makes a truely left handed mouse. A left handed mouse that is as good as a right handed mouse. Most of the so called left handed mice I have seen use old technology and cannot compete with today's right handed mice.

Does anyone know of a company that makes a real Left handed mouse that is as good as the top of the line Razor, Logitech, or Microsoft mice?

Why don't you go into the control panel, click on the mouse icon, and set it up for lefty ?

HEY, listen up, I just got done watching The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Monday night is headlines night. Tonight they had a "factoid" that stated, "every year, 2500 left hand people are killed by products made for right handed people", .... You better be careful !

ChancesAre

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Why don't you go into the control panel, click on the mouse icon, and set it up for lefty ?

HEY, listen up, I just got done watching The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Monday night is headlines night. Tonight they had a "factoid" that stated, "every year, 2500 left hand people are killed by products made for right handed people", .... You better be careful !

I use a mouse with my left hand but its set up for a right handed person. I've done this forever and a day and I'm not likely to change that. One thing that is annoying is the curve of the mouse. They are always set up for right handed people. The bonus buttons are all in the wrong spot for us lefties.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Most mice are symetrical, the same shape on both sides, lacking any thumb button, and fit left handers exactly the same as right handers. And when you complain that a symetrical mouse doesn't fit left handers, well, that argument has no merit

Meaningless

As in, you cry for nothing

Now, if you don't like symetrical mice, join the club. A lot of right-handers don't like them either.

So if you'd like a left-hand mouse, get one. Contact a mouse manufacturer and give them the specifications, buy 10,000 of them, and sell the rest.

Lest I start whining to YOU about "one size fits all" HATS.