VPN setup at home

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

when people ask "do you have vpn at home?" They actually mean do I have
vpn client setup at home? I am talking about remote access from home to
office. I have PC Anywhere, that means I have VPN at home, right?

please advise. thanks!!

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 15 Sep 2005 23:50:11 -0700, jrefactors@hotmail.com wrote:

>when people ask "do you have vpn at home?" They actually mean do I have
>vpn client setup at home? I am talking about remote access from home to
>office. I have PC Anywhere, that means I have VPN at home, right?

No, it means you have remote control software at home. The question
doesn't mean much - ask them if they mean do you host a VPN at home,
or can you setup a VPN client. THen you can give a sensible answer...

-Rob