ASUS A8N-E Ultra Cooling

Fox9

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I am going with the ASUS A8N-E Ultra.

But browsing the ASUS forums has given me notice that it has a crappy chipset fan, even in its second revision. So I want to replace that fan right away (after I am sure the MB works). Please give me some advice about what I should get. I am having a great deal of trouble undersatnding the chipset coolers on newegg.

Also I have questions about the CPU cooler. I intend to overclock by about 2MHz and I want a fan that stays at around 27dB, which is about what I expect the case fans to produce.

Please advise me on what kind of cooler I can get. If I have to spend up to $65 for quiet, I am willing, but I prefer to spend around $30. :p

What coolers have your found to install well on that board (I intend to have a midATX case)?

:)

Fox9

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
A simple heat sink. Well that sounds like a plan, but has anyone used a 3rd party fan and if so what kind?

Sparticus

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2005
I say go with the swiftech cooler. I have fallen in love with swiftech cooling, and love their watercooling products. I also know that their active cooling solution for the mobo chipset is a very good one. It's all copper, and that counts. Plus it has a fan with it to boot. Check it out on www.swiftnets.com just go to Heatsinks--->For Chipsets. It's the MCX159-CU. It goes for 34.99 on site but you can probably find it for 25-30 bucks if you search around. Also make sure to check compatibility on your mobo with their compatability list.

OH and by the way the fan is whisper quiet at 18dB and moves 6cfm. Not too shabby for an 18dB 40mm fan!