I cannot login to the forumz with IE because of cookies

antoant

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
I have formated my computer and re-installed all of my programs yesterday. Since then I cannot login to the forumz using IE. I keep getting the "cookies are not enabled" error.

I don't have ZA and I can login using firefox so the problem must be with IE. I have tried every setting in IEs security and privacy tabs and I always get the same error. I have also tried to clear the cookies and nothing changes.

I can use IE to log into other sites that use cookies like my bank's site but not on these forums. Does anyone have any idea on what's going on?

I am using McAfee VirusScan Enteprise 8.0i

k2gremlin

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Im having the same exact problem just reformatted yesterday.. and it gives this error....

Error: Your browser cookies are not active. This is usually due to:

(a) you have changed your browser cookie settings, in this case reset your browser cookie settings to their default configuration.
or
(b) you are running firewalls such as ZONE ALARM. In this case, adjust your firewall settings to allow cookies. For Zone Alarm info, refer to this thread: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/ZONE-ALARM-PRO-SETTINGS-ACCESS-ftopict14244.html

This IS happening with both IE7 and Maxthon browsers.. Firefox still works but I have FF

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
This problem relates to our recent db crash, and applies to users who recently registered, when they are accessing the software or games tabs. It is being fixed, and I hope to have it fixed in a couple of hours.

steve

EricT

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
This problem relates to our recent db crash, and applies to users who recently registered, when they are accessing the software or games tabs. It is being fixed, and I hope to have it fixed in a couple of hours.

steve

Steve,
I am currently having this problem on my home PC. I did a reinstall a few days ago, and now I can't log on. Any chance to get this fixed?

Thanks,
Eric

EricT

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

steve

Any solution to this? I still can't log in on my home machine, and I am not trying to access the software or games tabs.