Sign in with
Your question

I cannot login to the forumz with IE because of cookies

Last response: in Forum Feedback
September 14, 2006 6:17:48 PM

I have formated my computer and re-installed all of my programs yesterday. Since then I cannot login to the forumz using IE. I keep getting the "cookies are not enabled" error.

I don't have ZA and I can login using firefox so the problem must be with IE. I have tried every setting in IEs security and privacy tabs and I always get the same error. I have also tried to clear the cookies and nothing changes.

I can use IE to log into other sites that use cookies like my bank's site but not on these forums. Does anyone have any idea on what's going on?

I am using McAfee VirusScan Enteprise 8.0i

More about : login forumz cookies

September 24, 2006 8:20:50 AM

Identical problem here, I cleared cookies, lowered browser security settings, nothing works. This is the only site I cannot log into using IE.

I do not use Zone Alarm.
September 25, 2006 12:01:06 PM

Send a PM to steve_sa. He's the web developer and might be able to fix your problem or explain what's going on.
Related resources
December 1, 2006 2:55:30 AM

Im having the same exact problem just reformatted yesterday.. and it gives this error....

Error: Your browser cookies are not active. This is usually due to:

(a) you have changed your browser cookie settings, in this case reset your browser cookie settings to their default configuration.
or
(b) you are running firewalls such as ZONE ALARM. In this case, adjust your firewall settings to allow cookies. For Zone Alarm info, refer to this thread: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/ZONE-ALARM-PRO...

This IS happening with both IE7 and Maxthon browsers.. Firefox still works but I have FF
December 2, 2006 7:00:28 PM

This problem relates to our recent db crash, and applies to users who recently registered, when they are accessing the software or games tabs. It is being fixed, and I hope to have it fixed in a couple of hours.

steve
January 12, 2007 3:30:49 PM

Quote:
This problem relates to our recent db crash, and applies to users who recently registered, when they are accessing the software or games tabs. It is being fixed, and I hope to have it fixed in a couple of hours.

steve

Steve,
I am currently having this problem on my home PC. I did a reinstall a few days ago, and now I can't log on. Any chance to get this fixed?

Thanks,
Eric
January 12, 2007 5:59:59 PM

Quote:
WD 250BG,

from your sig...

thats why youre having problems...
January 12, 2007 7:52:25 PM

Quote:
WD 250BG,

from your sig...

thats why youre having problems...

LOL :lol: 

You got me, I should have gotten 250 gigabytes instead of 250 bigagytes!
January 18, 2007 5:36:47 PM

Quote:

steve

Any solution to this? I still can't log in on my home machine, and I am not trying to access the software or games tabs.
!