Automatic shutdown

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to get windows to
shutdown automatically after inactivity for 1 hour using power management.
Will it still shutdown if an internet connection is active as well?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about automatic shutdown

    Yan,

    How To Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of Inactivity
    in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech

    Winexit.scr - Now available as a part of Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit
    Tools:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

    While using this from Guest / Limited account, you'll see the "Cannot create
    key" error as restricted accounts are not allowed to write to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Here is the workaround:

    How can I use the WinExit screen saver without granting Admin rights?:
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBC/tip1100/rh1179.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "Yan Sip" <siop@tea.com> wrote in message
    Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to get windows to
    shutdown automatically after inactivity for 1 hour using power management.
    Will it still shutdown if an internet connection is active as well?

    Thanks

Shutdown Internet Connection Microsoft Windows XP