Automatic shutdown

September 6, 2004 6:36:17 AM

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to get windows to
shutdown automatically after inactivity for 1 hour using power management.
Will it still shutdown if an internet connection is active as well?

Thanks

More about : automatic shutdown

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 9:47:08 PM

Yan,

How To Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of Inactivity
in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech

Winexit.scr - Now available as a part of Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit
Tools:

While using this from Guest / Limited account, you'll see the "Cannot create
key" error as restricted accounts are not allowed to write to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Here is the workaround:

How can I use the WinExit screen saver without granting Admin rights?:
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBC/tip1100/rh1179.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User