Files not accurately converted back and forth in ppc word??

October 12, 2004 11:13:41 AM

I use activesync, I have some office files in my sync folder, in word(i
have not checked other programs) sometimes I will view a file on the PPC and
it will not have the same format as the word on my desktop, 1 fonts often
change, 2 on graphics iin word docs, my text boxes and lines etc don't
appear properly.

In addition when I sync with my laptop , the file is still bad on windows
xp.

1Have others had this same conversion problem?
2 is there a way to correct this? tips workaround
3 does anyone know if this happens to other programs like Excel?
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 6:45:11 PM

In article <OqQqGWGsEHA.736@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, tim@donotspam.com
says...
> I use activesync, I have some office files in my sync folder, in word(i
> have not checked other programs) sometimes I will view a file on the PPC and
> it will not have the same format as the word on my desktop, 1 fonts often
> change, 2 on graphics iin word docs, my text boxes and lines etc don't
> appear properly.

Many features, especially formatting ones, of Word and Excel are not
supported by Pocket Word and Pocket Excel. If you search this newsgroup
you'd have found lots of discussions concerning that. If you really
need all the features you'll need to install 3rd party applications--
check out Textmaker and Planmaker from
http://www.softmaker.de/product_en.htm
There are reference charts at that site that compare Pocket W/E with the
Softmaker products feature for feature. One cavet though--since they
ARE much fuller products they are slower than the builtin ones--
especially on older ppc's like mine.
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA