Is something very wrong here?

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
WTF.PNG

What the hell is this, and is it supposed to be like that? I have one AGP card. One.

I installed the card yesterday, after removing all traces of the old one. At first I thought that maybe I hadn't been thourough enough, so I spent the evening reinstalling Windows instead of playing Oblivion. (The game worked fine on high + FSAA @ 1024, except when those first assassins died - during their death scene it was like a slide-show, why is their blood-splatter causing such a monumental slowdown?)

This wouldn't bother me, really, but the ati2evxx.exe process loads twice during start-up (one from system, one from me) and the little display manager does not appear in the taskbar. Maybe all this is normal, it happened with a clean install after all, but it worries me in terms of potential slow-downs and whatnot.

Please help calm my fears.

P.S. The card is OEM so don't go all RTFM on me, and I've always been an Nvidia user.

P.P.S. What's the deal with the Oblivion slow-down - it would help if someone told me what option to tweak to get rid of it.

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
The only reason I started this thread, started looking at the system, is because I get a weird bug in the Catalyst Control Center: it doesn't trun on. The taskbar rightclick works for changing settings, but the GUI part, with the card information etc. doesn't want to work.

It's not like I really need it, but I'm afraid it could be causing general slowness in some places.

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
Never mind, it's a problem with Catalyst on some systems - I'm guessing it has to do with internationalization - CCC doesn't work in 'Basic' view, only advanced. Changing it to advanced (wizard.exe) makes the problem go away.

Now, about Oblivion... :?: