Mouse "look" is it possible?

Hi all. First time poster here. I got FS9 last year and played it once,
shame eh? the problem was I downloaded ORBITER and have been flying all
around the solar system!! That "game" is so addictive!!! anyways, I
want to get back into "down to earth" flights and had a question about
view controls. I cant seem to find a way to use the mouse to pan around
the cockpit in Virtual Cockpit mode, like looking around in a first
person shooter..... is there anyway to do this? I also would like that
same control when looking at the craft externally. Its pretty
frustrating because I have the joystick "hat" assigned to do this and
it pans way to slow. When I bring up the assignments page, there seems
to be now way to bind the mouse to anything........can anybody help?

Thanks for any replies!

More about mouse look possible

    DanielIsaiah wrote:
    > Hi all. First time poster here. I got FS9 last year and played it
    > once, shame eh? the problem was I downloaded ORBITER and have been
    > flying all around the solar system!! That "game" is so addictive!!!
    > anyways, I want to get back into "down to earth" flights and had a
    > question about view controls. I cant seem to find a way to use the
    > mouse to pan around the cockpit in Virtual Cockpit mode, like looking
    > around in a first person shooter..... is there anyway to do this? I
    > also would like that same control when looking at the craft
    > externally. Its pretty frustrating because I have the joystick "hat"
    > assigned to do this and it pans way to slow. When I bring up the
    > assignments page, there seems to be now way to bind the mouse to
    > anything........can anybody help?
    >

    > Thanks for any replies!

    If you want a freeware utility try F1View from

    http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

    Otherwise you have to pay for the more sophisticated Active Camera. I find
    F1 View quite good enough.

    --
    Yrs
    Quilly

    "Siks munfs ugo i cundn evn spel enjunear, now i ar wun."

    Try Active Camera here http://www.anticyclone.be/active.html :)

    "DanielIsaiah" <DanielIsaiah@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message news:1119029678.1369@forums.simradar.com...
    > Hi all. First time poster here. I got FS9 last year and played it once,
    > shame eh? the problem was I downloaded ORBITER and have been flying all
    > around the solar system!! That "game" is so addictive!!! anyways, I
    > want to get back into "down to earth" flights and had a question about
    > view controls. I cant seem to find a way to use the mouse to pan around
    > the cockpit in Virtual Cockpit mode, like looking around in a first
    > person shooter..... is there anyway to do this? I also would like that
    > same control when looking at the craft externally. Its pretty
    > frustrating because I have the joystick "hat" assigned to do this and
    > it pans way to slow. When I bring up the assignments page, there seems
    > to be now way to bind the mouse to anything........can anybody help?
    >

    > Thanks for any replies!

    You can speed up the 'Hat' panning by editing the
    "PAN_RATE=" in your FS9.cfg file. The default value is 400 which I changed
    to 700 for a while until
    I invested in the excellent Active Camera which is only $15 or £8.50
    depending on what side of the water you are on.

    Chris Ibbotson

    > "DanielIsaiah" <DanielIsaiah@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all. First time poster here. I got FS9 last year and played it once,
    >> shame eh? the problem was I downloaded ORBITER and have been flying all
    >> around the solar system!! That "game" is so addictive!!! anyways, I
    >> want to get back into "down to earth" flights and had a question about
    >> view controls. I cant seem to find a way to use the mouse to pan around
    >> the cockpit in Virtual Cockpit mode, like looking around in a first
    >> person shooter..... is there anyway to do this? I also would like that
    >> same control when looking at the craft externally. Its pretty
    >> frustrating because I have the joystick "hat" assigned to do this and
    >> it pans way to slow. When I bring up the assignments page, there seems
    >> to be now way to bind the mouse to anything........can anybody help?
    >>

    >> Thanks for any replies!

Mice Games Video Games