Mouse "look" is it possible?

Hi all. First time poster here. I got FS9 last year and played it once,
shame eh? the problem was I downloaded ORBITER and have been flying all
around the solar system!! That "game" is so addictive!!! anyways, I
want to get back into "down to earth" flights and had a question about
view controls. I cant seem to find a way to use the mouse to pan around
the cockpit in Virtual Cockpit mode, like looking around in a first
person shooter..... is there anyway to do this? I also would like that
same control when looking at the craft externally. Its pretty
frustrating because I have the joystick "hat" assigned to do this and
it pans way to slow. When I bring up the assignments page, there seems
to be now way to bind the mouse to anything........can anybody help?

Thanks for any replies!

DanielIsaiah wrote:
> Hi all. First time poster here. I got FS9 last year and played it
> once, shame eh? the problem was I downloaded ORBITER and have been
> flying all around the solar system!! That "game" is so addictive!!!
> anyways, I want to get back into "down to earth" flights and had a
> question about view controls. I cant seem to find a way to use the
> mouse to pan around the cockpit in Virtual Cockpit mode, like looking
> around in a first person shooter..... is there anyway to do this? I
> also would like that same control when looking at the craft
> externally. Its pretty frustrating because I have the joystick "hat"
> assigned to do this and it pans way to slow. When I bring up the
> assignments page, there seems to be now way to bind the mouse to
> anything........can anybody help?
>

> Thanks for any replies!

If you want a freeware utility try F1View from

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Otherwise you have to pay for the more sophisticated Active Camera. I find
F1 View quite good enough.

--
Yrs
Quilly

"Siks munfs ugo i cundn evn spel enjunear, now i ar wun."

Try Active Camera here http://www.anticyclone.be/active.html :)

"DanielIsaiah" <DanielIsaiah@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message news:1119029678.1369@forums.simradar.com...
> Hi all. First time poster here. I got FS9 last year and played it once,
> shame eh? the problem was I downloaded ORBITER and have been flying all
> around the solar system!! That "game" is so addictive!!! anyways, I
> want to get back into "down to earth" flights and had a question about
> view controls. I cant seem to find a way to use the mouse to pan around
> the cockpit in Virtual Cockpit mode, like looking around in a first
> person shooter..... is there anyway to do this? I also would like that
> same control when looking at the craft externally. Its pretty
> frustrating because I have the joystick "hat" assigned to do this and
> it pans way to slow. When I bring up the assignments page, there seems
> to be now way to bind the mouse to anything........can anybody help?
>

> Thanks for any replies!

You can speed up the 'Hat' panning by editing the
"PAN_RATE=" in your FS9.cfg file. The default value is 400 which I changed
to 700 for a while until
I invested in the excellent Active Camera which is only $15 or £8.50
depending on what side of the water you are on.

Chris Ibbotson