SP2 Install error

Everytime I try to install SP2, I get errors about 1/2 way through saying
certain files failed to copy. I have tried installing (from CD) several times
only to continued to recieve this message. The files are different each time
and fail to copy from the i386 directory. If I click the cancel button, SP2
stops installing itself and restores. Any ideas why this may be happening?
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about install error

    Did you install from a disk or from the INET? If you downloaded from the
    INET, did you do it via DSL or dialup? Did you scan your hard drive for
    spyware prior to trying the install?

    If you are downloading via dialup, go to download site, and order the disk.
    I am a Network Administrator, and I see this routinely. When huge files are
    transfered from one place to another, they often get corrupted.

    "JimB" wrote:

    > Everytime I try to install SP2, I get errors about 1/2 way through saying
    > certain files failed to copy. I have tried installing (from CD) several times
    > only to continued to recieve this message. The files are different each time
    > and fail to copy from the i386 directory. If I click the cancel button, SP2
    > stops installing itself and restores. Any ideas why this may be happening?
    > Your thoughts would be appreciated.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx?pf=true Try this
    link and complete before d/l

    "JimB" wrote:

    > Everytime I try to install SP2, I get errors about 1/2 way through saying
    > certain files failed to copy. I have tried installing (from CD) several times
    > only to continued to recieve this message. The files are different each time
    > and fail to copy from the i386 directory. If I click the cancel button, SP2
    > stops installing itself and restores. Any ideas why this may be happening?
    > Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP