FSB:men divider???

GaMu

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Hey everybody.

I have i little problem with my Asus P5GD1Pro. When i OC cpu, the MB sets my fsb:men divider to 5:4. Is there someone who knows how to set it to 1:1?

Hope you can help me..

Peace Out GaMu

GaMu

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
The main problem is that i can't set the FSB:MEM divider the 1:1 in my bios. The option to do so is just not there.

Covered_in_bees

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
The main problem is that i can't set the FSB:MEM divider the 1:1 in my bios. The option to do so is just not there.

I haven't had one of these mobos before, but I have had a lot of other Asus mobos. I have so far never seen one that has a BIOS option 'memory divider'.

Instead, what these mobos have is an option to set the memory clock speed (or memory frequency).

The chances are that you currently have it set to AUTO. What then happens when you OC is that the motherboard will automatically drop the memory clock frequency to 166 (from 200). This translates into a 5:4 divider (more or less).

If you want to scale up the memory clock with the FSB overclock 1:1, then manually set the memory clock to 200MHz.

I'll try and check the manual for your motherboard to see if I can provide more detail on this.

Covered_in_bees

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
Ok - checked the manual, and the BIOS looks very similar to the A8N32-SLi.

As far as I can see, under Jumperfree Configuration in the Advanced menu, set the AI Overclock to Manual. You should then have a lot of new options to set. One of these should be DRAM frequency. Try setting this manually to 200MHz.

Note that, by doing this, when increasing the FSB, you will also be increasing the DRAM frequency. This means you may hit stability problems due to memory before reaching the limit of the CPU or motherboard FSB.

GaMu

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
okay, i've manage to get it to run 1:1. There was an option in DRAM frequency that match the doubelt og my fsb...

Thanks Covered_in_bees , Was just the guide i lookede for :D

Peace Out GaMu