NTLDR is missing message

September 6, 2004 2:16:58 AM

Hi Friends,

I was working on my Dissertation to be ready this week and
I turned the comp[uter off because too slow. When I tried
to reboot it didn't. I got instead the mesg NTLDR is
missing Press ctr-Alt-Del to restart. I did but the
problem contiinued. I went to the web looking for
solutions but everything suggested by Microsoft doesn't
work at all: WHAT CAN I DO? I'm starting to enter into
PANIC...

Any help would be welcome ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Jose

More about : ntldr missing message

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 3:07:01 AM

"Jose" wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> I was working on my Dissertation to be ready this week and
> I turned the comp[uter off because too slow. When I tried
> to reboot it didn't. I got instead the mesg NTLDR is
> missing Press ctr-Alt-Del to restart. I did but the
> problem contiinued. I went to the web looking for
> solutions but everything suggested by Microsoft doesn't
> work at all: WHAT CAN I DO? I'm starting to enter into
> PANIC...
>
> Any help would be welcome ASAP.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jose

you need to run the Windows XP recovery console.. Should be on the XP CD..
Configure your BIOS to boot order your CD ROM drive first.. Have the disk in
the CD drive when you reboot, and choose the Recovery console from the menu..
Once it's loaded, and it asks which Windows Installation you would like to
acess, choose the right one (usually # 1), then enter the ADMINISTRATOR
password then you'll be at a command prompt... There, you can view the
directory of the C: and the C:\windows folders, as well as the contents of
the XP disk in your CD drive.. you'll need to copy the "NTLDR.dll" file to
the Root directory, usually C:\ .. Reboot, and good luck
September 6, 2004 10:16:12 PM

"craiger" <craiger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 55661D4-BFB3-427B-A863-082FFF0787EB@microsoft.com...

> "Jose" wrote:
>
> > Hi Friends,
> >
> > I was working on my Dissertation to be ready this week and
> > I turned the comp[uter off because too slow. When I tried
> > to reboot it didn't. I got instead the mesg NTLDR is
> > missing Press ctr-Alt-Del to restart. I did but the
> > problem contiinued. I went to the web looking for
> > solutions but everything suggested by Microsoft doesn't
> > work at all: WHAT CAN I DO? I'm starting to enter into
> > PANIC...
> >
> > Any help would be welcome ASAP.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Jose
> >

> you need to run the Windows XP recovery console.. Should be on the XP
CD..
> Configure your BIOS to boot order your CD ROM drive first.. Have the disk
in
> the CD drive when you reboot, and choose the Recovery console from the
menu..
> Once it's loaded, and it asks which Windows Installation you would like
> acess, choose the right one (usually # 1), then enter the ADMINISTRATOR
> password then you'll be at a command prompt... There, you can view the
> directory of the C: and the C:\windows folders, as well as the contents of
> the XP disk in your CD drive.. you'll need to copy the "NTLDR.dll" file
> the Root directory, usually C:\ .. Reboot, and good luck

Have you removed the disk from the floppy drive. You may have the floppy
selected as the first boot drive (another BIOS setting).
!