Sign in with
Your question

Dells renegade sold out

Last response: in CPUs
March 28, 2006 9:49:12 PM

I'm speechless ...

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/03/28/dell_renegade/

Now here's a question: How many high end PC's can you build for 10grand? I think another good question is, what would you build for 10grand?

More about : dells renegade sold

March 28, 2006 9:55:52 PM

Wait for their contest and enter on April 10th.
March 28, 2006 10:08:32 PM

Quote:
I'm speechless ...

Now here's a question: How many high end PC's can you build for 10grand? I think another good question is, what would you build for 10grand?

3-5 high end PC's. Five nice systems with x2 4200+, 2GB RAM, 1 Raptor 74GB, a 250GB Seagate, 7900GT, etc. Or three super nice ones with x2 4800
s, SLI 7900GT's, 2 Raptors in Raid 0, etc.

Or ten okay systems. I also find it amazing that they could sell out at that price. They probably built about 3.1 of them :) . I wonder if they'll load the hard drive with bloatware and trial versions of software.
Related resources
March 28, 2006 10:26:07 PM

It's not amazing. There are plenty of RICH stupid people as there are POOR smart people. It's all relative.
March 28, 2006 10:31:55 PM

Quote:
It's not amazing. There are plenty of RICH stupid people as there are POOR smart people. It's all relative.

I'll call myself one of the poor smart people. Smart enough to know that I need a new graphics card.

I can't call myslef poor because I'm in 8th grade and I don't have a job. I hope to someday be one of the smart rich people.
March 28, 2006 10:38:31 PM

Quote:
I'm speechless ...

Depends if I phase change cool those bad boys and how many procs I blow before I reach an acceptable OC on them.

I'm guessing 3-5. 8O
March 28, 2006 10:42:26 PM

It could easily be considered very wise to buy a top end rig from Dell, especially if additional 30% or 35% over the raw hardware cost is actually cheaper than to you than the worry and hassle of having to resolve and troubleshoot issues on your own is not what you want or choose to spend your time correcting, eating up the minutes which could otherwise be spent doing the gaming that you bought the rig for.
March 28, 2006 10:45:40 PM

I own a mini-fridge that was flamed by the same guy who did the flame job design on the Renegade, Mike Lavalle.

He's awesome. Best flame painter in the world.

Clicky
March 28, 2006 11:18:59 PM

I wish I could justify spending the money to have my rig custom painted, that would rule!
March 28, 2006 11:21:47 PM

Flames??!?? I thought that was the glow from the heat radiating out from inside. [/shrugs]
March 28, 2006 11:23:06 PM

I had my father-in-law's rig flamed for like $20. I wish I had a picture. It looks very similar to the Renegade (though not as good).

It's not that expensive. If you're really interested, go to a custom car shop (or paint supply shop) and ask one the guys for referals to an airbrush artist. Most of the airbrush artists I know do flames. They'll probably do it for $50 cash. Most these guys are retired and do it for fun.
March 28, 2006 11:26:33 PM

OOO sweet, thanks bud. I'll look into when I don't have 5 tests in 5 days.... lol
March 29, 2006 1:09:40 AM

I have wondered if one of those airbrush shirt shops at the mall might do a pretty good job too.
March 29, 2006 1:16:52 AM

Man, I was checking out that dudes site 8O 8O 8O

Talk about eye candy! Wow.

The thing is, you gotta have a pretty steady hand to do that stuff to.
March 29, 2006 1:27:48 AM

Quote:
I own a mini-fridge that was flamed by the same guy who did the flame job design on the Renegade, Mike Lavalle.

Clicky

Thanks MPJesse for the link. Now you got me debateing on calling that guy to do the flames on my new Mustang cobra.....I got money to burn...lol
March 29, 2006 1:30:01 AM

Quote:
I'm speechless ...

Yah, These days, I think there's more than "one born every minute"
March 29, 2006 1:33:10 AM

Quote:

Clicky

How much did that beer cooler set you back?!?

Those renegade's are nice......
March 29, 2006 1:51:52 AM

For 10 grand i would expect at least 4 gigs of memory!

I have to admit, that paint job does look impressive.
It's not worth the price tag imo though.
March 29, 2006 1:57:01 AM

Quote:

Clicky

Thanks MPJesse for the link. Now you got me debateing on calling that guy to do the flames on my new Mustang cobra.....I got money to burn...lol

DO IT!!!! I want a 07 Mustang GT500 MMMM
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2006 2:28:32 AM

Who here rember the guy who bought a dell with a Pentium 955EE when it was just released and was only available thru dell. He actually took off the heat sink to show his friend it had 4 cores and chiped the die in the process.

That was hilarious! and im sure he bought one of these putter!

:lol: 

If somebody's good enough too dig that thread I'd like to read some parts hat was awesome!
March 29, 2006 2:34:05 AM

True, but you itemize out the parts retail, and you would end up spending around $6,000 to $7,000 cash easy plus shipping, then add the cost of the XP O/S and MS Office and the gaming software package to compare apples to apples, then the time spent recieving, building, installing, troubleshooting and tweaking out performance, then come up with a cash price for that time to build if for me... :wink: Then the difference between the two becomes more reasonable...
March 29, 2006 2:35:03 AM

stupid donkey or something similar...
March 29, 2006 4:51:54 AM

Yeah buying pre-built systems has its pro's and con's. Some day's you eat the bear and some days the bear mangles your carcus and feasts! lol Ignore me i'm tired.
March 29, 2006 6:10:53 AM

Not hard to believe that they sold out. The same people that have to have the most expensive car will be the type to buy this. They buy it BECAUSE it is the most expensive PC money can buy. I guess at some level it makes them feel more empowered or important - a status symbol if you will.

Summing up: The buyers of these are merely trying to make up for a short pen1s
March 29, 2006 6:33:33 AM

$4000 pc with $6000 paint job, what a rip off! And everyone bought this thing, trully just for a show off. With $10K, man I could a high speed gaming pc that could easily outperform this Dell pc, I could even get a phase cooler for both cpu and two graphics card and overclock the sh!t out the pc. This pc is just a rip off. I mean, it's gonna be outdated in a year from now. What a waste of money this people spending for something you can get for $4K. FX60, Quad SLI, physics card doesn't get to $10K to me? You can get something like this from Falcon for $5K.
March 29, 2006 7:26:17 AM

It is expensive, yes, but no where near the most expensive you can get.
March 29, 2006 7:39:18 AM

Quote:
It is expensive, yes, but no where near the most expensive you can get.

You talkin' about the Voodoo pc? I saw that one, man, is that thing made of gold or what?! Man, you can a brand spankin' new car for under $15K. It's ridiculous.
March 29, 2006 7:43:40 AM

yeah, an you got people driving $100,000 cars, with several to choose from... If they dug PC tech, they would probably have the Dell for browsing in their crapper room.
March 29, 2006 7:57:52 AM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Very true, those rich people are just wasting their money for bragging rights, which the manufacturers are taking advantage of. HHMMMM, I wish I'm rich like that and just buy $10K- $15K pc, but It wouldn't happen since I don't like to be rip off.
March 29, 2006 8:02:47 AM

If you can afford it does not mean necessarily you ripped others off to get rich, same way if you have the money to spare, like that 10k PC and buy it cause you like it and enjoy the experience, sounds like you got it going on and a sweet deal to me...
March 29, 2006 8:04:30 AM

It's a $10K PC and all anyone can talk about is the paint job!
....it is a pretty cool paint job, though.

I guess DELL have done what they set out to do with this PC though. I doubt anyone here is gonna buy one, but it's quite something to have a DELL talked about so extensively in a 'real' hardware forum - even if it is just about the paint job!
March 29, 2006 8:32:25 AM

10 OK machines. Or should i say nice ones... Considering that they would have two 80GBSata2 in raid0 a good enough VC 19"LCD a643000+ 512ram and so on. I agree with all said above.
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2006 11:30:37 AM

I can easily believe there are about 100 people willing to pay $10k for such a system, probably half of which are using it for solitaire, e-mail, and web surfing! :-)

(Have their been any official benchmarks on th quad-sli rigs at 2560x1600 vs the normal SLI/Crossfire rigs? (Just curious to see how many extra fps are bought with blowing an extra $8k!) :-)
March 29, 2006 12:25:52 PM

I would have built the same.
Heck, its the best/fastest/coolest/meanest machine on this planet (Earth) (not counting workstations/servers)!
But I would have wanted Mike Lavallee to come to my house and do some painting on the case (not the flames, something else so I could brag about it *lolz*).

Anyway... I hope Im gonna win the giveaway (but I wont...)
March 29, 2006 12:30:50 PM

Yeah, I emailed Mike and asked if he would paing my PC Case a solid beige? That would be sick.
March 29, 2006 5:06:13 PM

The only thing the Renegade has going for it is the stand-alone physics card, if it works as advertised (been keeping tabs on it in Maximum PC). The Intel proc...? Hell no, throw in some (2) Opterons (8 if you really have the cash) and up the RAM as far as you can. I could go on and on, but the real deal is this... IF YOU HAVE THE CASH, GET THE FLASH! Me, I wouldn't take the Ferrari 550 Maranello, sweet car that it is, but the Nissan Skyline R34 Mines (<--video on the web, that 'thing' is my wet dream). It's all in money and style, though. I've found out that DIY is also more fulfilling, not to mention cheaper. (Doesn't work all the time, or we'd all be driving souped-up Skyline's...).

PDH-NicFury

PS: That quad-SLI also better allow more than one screen when in SLI mode, or it is a rip off... I'm talking about multitasking and flight-sims among other things. I wasn't happy when I found out I could only use one monitor when in SLI with my 7800GTX's... that should be HIGH on nVidia's need-to-do list!
March 29, 2006 5:18:36 PM

Meh I'll settle for a Porsche 911 Turbo :p 
March 29, 2006 6:31:30 PM

Me being an ATi freak am interested in what they have to answer this with. Since the 1900XTX is arguably the "fastest," (anyone have benchies to prove otherwise?) card, Id love four of those badboyz playing F.E.A.R. or something at 2500x1800 plus resolution, its orgasmic! [/saladfingers]
March 29, 2006 6:48:23 PM

Quote:
Me being an ATi freak am interested in what they have to answer this with. Since the 1900XTX is arguably the "fastest," (anyone have benchies to prove otherwise?) card, Id love four of those badboyz playing F.E.A.R. or something at 2500x1800 plus resolution, its orgasmic! [/saladfingers]

There's an image I needed....
March 29, 2006 8:00:09 PM

I don't think that's currently possible. And how would that be called? Quadfire?
In fact Quad SLI is a step from pointless.
Still,i wouldn't mind having this beast. water cooling, i'd really have something to test it on.
And i bet i could make it beat a hell of a lot AMD based sistems.
But enough of sensless dreams. Spending 10K for a 5K sistem is reserved for the very rich folk for whom 1000$ is spare change.
March 30, 2006 1:53:27 AM

Quote:
Not hard to believe that they sold out. The same people that have to have the most expensive car will be the type to buy this. They buy it BECAUSE it is the most expensive PC money can buy. I guess at some level it makes them feel more empowered or important - a status symbol if you will.

Summing up: The buyers of these are merely trying to make up for a short pen1s

Ya, but you know the really sad thing is the person who buys the cadillac is just getting a chevy whith a different grill and tail lights. The lincoln, jaguar and aston martin are all just fords. The penny wise person just buys the dam chevy.
!