ASUS A8N-E vs ASUS A8N32-SLI

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
If I don't ever plan on using SLI or more than one raid controller...

There a point to getting the A8N32-SLI, or are they the same performance wise with a single vid card setup?

sirbogey

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Was in the same situation 2 months ago; I got the A8N32-SLI, with the hope to upgrading to two cards some time in the future. Don't see too many other advantages in getting the A8N32, apart from Logo2. Go to the www.asus.com to make a comparison.

lesterf1020

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
From what I understand there will be a slight performance boost, nothing to write home about. Whether or not it is worth it will depend on how much you value the other features.
The A8N32-SLI has an extra gigabit network card, Built in Firewire support, Better power management (It is supposed to draw less wattage, I don't know if it does in practice), It has external SATA hardrive support (Outside the case) not to mention it uses fanless cooling.

So if these things are worth the price of upgrading to you. Go for it. Other wise skip it.

baracuda73

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
The problem with that fanless solution is that the damn heatpipe can get in the road when trying to install large aftermarket cpu heatsink and fan.

WhiteBird

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
Asus A8N32-SLI is supposed to have eight way power regulation for the cpu providing smoother power to the processor and that should in theory increase longevity and stability.

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
From what I understand there will be a slight performance boost, nothing to write home about. Whether or not it is worth it will depend on how much you value the other features.
The A8N32-SLI has an extra gigabit network card, Built in Firewire support, Better power management (It is supposed to draw less wattage, I don't know if it does in practice), It has external SATA hardrive support (Outside the case) not to mention it uses fanless cooling.

So if these things are worth the price of upgrading to you. Go for it. Other wise skip it.

Little late responding but thanks. That was what I was looking for.

I went with the A8N-E and put the difference into a x1900xtx (well that's what I'm telling myself, athough I probably would have bought it anyway). Works great. The PSU and CPU fans are louder than any of the mobo fans, so fanless cooling seemed kind of pointless. Less to worry about I know, but out of all the PCs I've had...never lost a mobo fan before I replaced the whole PC anyway. I'd never use the Firewire or External SATA, and a gigabit NIC was pointless since my speed is capped way under gigabit speed at the cable modem.