VPN to VPN using Linksys BEFVP41 cannot see network subnets

I set up the vpn router to vpn router like the Linksys says to do. I
had to make one site a static IP, so I went and bought that extra
service. The remote site is dynamic IP. But when I connect using the
remote site router VPN connect I get a connect indication and the log
file says success, but when I go to use network places etc I cannot see
the other site. I set up the sites to have different subnets, and
checked off the netbios enabler. What else should I check? What is a
different way to connect?

I believe you need the netbios Broascast (on the BEFVP41s) to be checked on.

http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=356&p_created=1084209755&p_sid=VPODEIQh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MSZwX3Byb2RzPTE3NiwxODUsMCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9Mi4xODU7My51MCZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfc2NmX2xhbmc9MSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PW5ldGJpb3M*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Yves Leclerc schrieb:
> I believe you need the netbios Broascast (on the BEFVP41s) to be checked on.

No.

Netbios broadcasts should *never* cross IP subnet boundaries (M$ says
that every IP subnet of a Netbios domain must have its own master browser).

Besides, netbios has nothing to do with IP routing...

--
Martin Bodenstedt

www.landtag-bw.de / www.die-bodenstedts.de

pitc schrieb:
> I set up the vpn router to vpn router like the Linksys says to do. I
> had to make one site a static IP, so I went and bought that extra
> service. The remote site is dynamic IP. But when I connect using the
> remote site router VPN connect I get a connect indication and the log
> file says success, but when I go to use network places etc I cannot see
> the other site. I set up the sites to have different subnets, and
> checked off the netbios enabler. What else should I check? What is a
> different way to connect?

How is your IP routing set up on your remote site?

To access the ip subnets through the vpn in the head office, the pcs in
your remote office must "know" to acces them via the vpn head...