Leadtek 6600GT DUO+ASUS A32N=NO SLI

N3N3SYS

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
Hi! Recently I purchased the ASUS A32N DELUXE motherboard, which i believe that is a very good mobo for gaming. My old M/B was an ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM. My VGA is a Leadtek 6600GT DUO Extreme Edition, with 2 6600GT GPU's on the PCB, allowing SLI opperation with on card. After a fresh Windows installation (when I got my new mobo), and after the latest Nvidia drivers installation, my Leadtek was no longer an SLI VGA. Windows stoped indicating that my card is SLI capable.
I have the latest BIOS in my mobo, latest drivers for both M/B and VGA, and I have tried all the possible configurations from the BIOS but with no result. I suspect that the problem is that my M/B PCIE rails are true 16x, and my VGA works in SLI at 8x. From display properties VGA bus is indicated at 8x, despite the fact that SLI is no working (shouldn't be 16x?).
I need your help and experience guys. Have you encountered any similar problem? Is it possible to get my second GPU working again? Thakns.

ijsco

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
Actually two GPU units on one card isn't exactly SLI...
You can set the speed rates of the PCI-E in your bios with the A8N32 but this shouldn't be the issue... you may need to install 2 display drivers for both GPU units to be functional.
As for what you say about that it first runned at 2 timesPCI-E X8 i wonder what the deal is??? PCI-E 16X is most competent for both GPU's to run at PCI-E X16 actually the graphicscard should combine the GPU speeds before sending it out to the PCI-E X16...