Problem Running Matrox G450 PCI, with a Radeon 9600pro AGP

morsario

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
Hi.

I am having a problem trying to run my Matrox Millenium G450, at the same time as my Radeon 9600pro. I have done this before with the same 2 cards, but the matrox was removed to be used in another computer. Now i try and do the same setup again, and when i try to enable the monitors in display properties, It comes up with an error message.
"The Currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of windows.
The system has been started using the default VGA driver.
Please contact your hardware manufacturer to get the upgraded driver, or select one of microsofts provided dirvers."

But even using the latest drivers from the matrox site, it still came up with the same error message.

I then pulled out my Radeon and just used the Matrox by itself, it worked fine with the same drivers.

Can anyone help with this problem??

Ozo

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2005
I am sorry but I do not have an answer to your problem, ...

In fact, I have the exact same problem with a G450 PCI that does not seem to work with my X1900XT. Did you find a solution to your problem? I would be interrested to know.

Thanks,

Ozo.