Recovery from Gold XP Disk

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hi all,
I bought XP Home Edition. I wished to use the
repair/recovery function.
Booted from disk
Pressed R
Went to DOS and asked which section I want to repair
Entered 1

Was promted for Administrator Password?

I do not know where to find this password?
Is this the Product Key? Is it on my sticker of
authenticity?

cheers chris

Chris wrote:
> Hi all,
> I bought XP Home Edition. I wished to use the
> repair/recovery function.
> Booted from disk
> Pressed R
> Went to DOS and asked which section I want to repair
> Entered 1
>
> Was promted for Administrator Password?
>
> I do not know where to find this password?
> Is this the Product Key? Is it on my sticker of
> authenticity?
>
> cheers chris

The password being requested is that of the built-in Administrator
account, not the password for any other administrative user accounts
you may have created. Unless you've deliberately set the
Administrator's password via the Management Console (not the Control
Panel), it's probably still blank. WinXP Pro asks you to set the
Administrator's password during installation, but WinXP Home doesn't.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
count on having both at once. - RAH