LAX Patch??

When landing at LAX, the controller always gives instructions on
landing on rwyway 6L. On the approach, it is changed to rwyway 7L.
Also, the ILS Hold takes you away from the airport. Is there a patch
for this is FS 9?

One other question: All aircraft have rolling wheels and so forth to
make flying real. Why is it that when on the ground, you cannot have
the front wheel turn so you could guide the aircraft as instructed to
the airport, instead of using the brakes?
Thank you

crash

At A Loss wrote:
> When landing at LAX, the controller always gives instructions on
> landing on rwyway 6L. On the approach, it is changed to rwyway 7L.
> Also, the ILS Hold takes you away from the airport. Is there a patch
> for this is FS 9?

You dona need no steekin controller, land where ever you want to!!

> One other question: All aircraft have rolling wheels and so forth to
> make flying real. Why is it that when on the ground, you cannot have
> the front wheel turn so you could guide the aircraft as instructed to
> the airport, instead of using the brakes?

If you have auto-rudder selected in setup, you can steer the nose wheel with
the yoke/stick just like using the ailerons to bank left/right. If you've
got pedals, use them with auto-rudder off. Or if auto rudder is off, with
no pedals, I suppose you could use the keyboard rudder commands, but I've
never tried, or the twist stick, or...........

At A Loss wrote:
> When landing at LAX, the controller always gives instructions on
> landing on rwyway 6L.

I've never had this problem. I always get told to land on 24 R or L,
whatever it is.

John

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:06:27 GMT, At A Loss wrote:

> When landing at LAX, the controller always gives instructions on
> landing on rwyway 6L. On the approach, it is changed to rwyway 7L.
> Also, the ILS Hold takes you away from the airport. Is there a patch
> for this is FS 9?

Well....what you could do is download AFCAD from flightsim.com or
avsim.com, open the LAX file (back it up first!) and change the runway
assignments until you're satisfied.

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.)

you can turn the wheels

"At A Loss" <jon-simek@hot.rr.com> wrote in message
> When landing at LAX, the controller always gives instructions on
> landing on rwyway 6L. On the approach, it is changed to rwyway 7L.
> Also, the ILS Hold takes you away from the airport. Is there a patch
> for this is FS 9?
>
> One other question: All aircraft have rolling wheels and so forth to
> make flying real. Why is it that when on the ground, you cannot have
> the front wheel turn so you could guide the aircraft as instructed to
> the airport, instead of using the brakes?
> Thank you

AFCAD should automatically save it under a different name. It doesn't bother
the original, but the new one that is created simply superceeds it. To
return to orignal just delete the *.AF2 file that was created.

--

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:23:11 -0500, Phillip Windell wrote:

> AFCAD should automatically save it under a different name. It doesn't bother
> the original, but the new one that is created simply superceeds it. To
> return to orignal just delete the *.AF2 file that was created.

I forgot about that.
I haven't used it for a while, so thanks for clearing it up.

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(...travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!)