VOIP to PSTN

Last response: in Networking
Share
April 14, 2004 5:05:38 AM

Hi all,

I am using VOIP to call my friend in Canada. we both have the same
technology in both end.

I was wondering if there is some equipment to add to the IP telephony so it
is possible to call to the normal PSTN phone.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

/Sam

More about : voip pstn

April 14, 2004 5:05:39 AM

You need an FXO gateway.

"Sam" <sam_cph2300@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<407c70b5$0$270$edfadb0f@dread16.news.tele.dk>...
> Hi all,
>
> I am using VOIP to call my friend in Canada. we both have the same
> technology in both end.
>
> I was wondering if there is some equipment to add to the IP telephony so it
> is possible to call to the normal PSTN phone.
>

> Any suggestions will be appreciated
>

> /Sam
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 12:30:55 PM

Sam <sam_cph2300@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am using VOIP to call my friend in Canada. we both have the same
>technology in both end.
>
>I was wondering if there is some equipment to add to the IP telephony so it
>is possible to call to the normal PSTN phone.

You need either a) an FXO gateway or b) to sign up with someone that
provides that gateway to the PSTN for you.

There are several companies providing such a bi-directional PSTN gateway.
If you tell us which country you're in then I'm sure you'll get some
recommendations on specific services to look at.

If you happen to be in the UK (or would like your PSTN gateway to be in
the UK using an 0845 number) then please take a look at www.intervivo.net.
With that service you get free VOIP calls between InterViVo customers,
free incoming calls from the PSTN and discounted calls out to the PSTN.
Disclosure: I work there. We're also looking at setting up peerings
with other VOIP providers to allow free calls between our VOIP customers
and others.

Cheers,

Mark.
Related resources
April 14, 2004 4:02:01 PM

Hi MArk,
Thanks for your replay,

"Mark Turner" <markt@kram.org> wrote in message

> You need either a) an FXO gateway or b) to sign up with someone that
> provides that gateway to the PSTN for you.

Can you plz recommend some good FXO gateway?

> If you tell us which country you're in then I'm sure you'll get some
> recommendations on specific services to look at.
..
I am in Denmark, but if you know and can recommend gateway for other
countries like Iran, Sweden, Norway, Turkey, Dubei. I will appreciate that.

Thanks allot Sam
April 14, 2004 4:02:02 PM

Sam,

One of the better small port fxo gateways are QTelNet's .. they run
about $550 USD

If you need an termination company drop me a line I can refer you to a
friend of mine who owns a business.

!