Nasty little bug with dates...

I have discovered a nasty little bug with formatted
dates. This seems to appear with Acccess and Excel, and
may well appear elsewhere.

I am using XP and Office 2000. I open a new worksheet and
define the format of a column as Short Date (ie,
dd/mm/yyyy). After that, whenever I enter a date and tab
to the next cell, the day and month are swapped around.
So, if I enter 01/02/2004 this becomes 02/01/2004.

Interestingly, the same thing happens when I create a form
in Access and set up a single unbound text box and then
make the format 'dd/mm/yyyy'. Once again, when I enter a
date and tab out of the box, the day and month become
reversed immediately.

Anyone out there know if there is a fix?

Cheers,

Herbie
1 answer Last reply
More about nasty dates

    Herbie wrote:
    > I have discovered a nasty little bug with formatted
    > dates. This seems to appear with Acccess and Excel, and
    > may well appear elsewhere.
    >
    > I am using XP and Office 2000. I open a new worksheet and
    > define the format of a column as Short Date (ie,
    > dd/mm/yyyy). After that, whenever I enter a date and tab
    > to the next cell, the day and month are swapped around.
    > So, if I enter 01/02/2004 this becomes 02/01/2004.
    >
    > Interestingly, the same thing happens when I create a form
    > in Access and set up a single unbound text box and then
    > make the format 'dd/mm/yyyy'. Once again, when I enter a
    > date and tab out of the box, the day and month become
    > reversed immediately.
    >
    > Anyone out there know if there is a fix?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Herbie

    Do you have the operating system set to use the same date format
    as the applications? Control Panel > Regional and Language Options >
    Regional Options > Customize > Date... If not, you're likely to get
    the exact results you're seeing.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
    count on having both at once. - RAH

Internet Explorer Bug Windows XP