Thermaltake Bigwater SE

bombasschicken

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
anyone had any problems with the pump on this kit? the first one i bought, the pump stoped pumping for no reason. it would work then stop working for no visible reason.. so i took it back and got a replacement.. but it did the same thing again.. the first time i had an extra 3 feet or so of hose that i ended up taking out.. but that shouldnt have an impact on it right? (i only had boths pumps a total of 3 months mind you..) so i cant figure out what im doing wrong.. i really like this system because i looped my vid card into it and the system never gets hotter than 40C.. usually sits around 28-32C... so anyone had any problems like this before?? does anyone have and suggestions for a replacement pump? the system is already piped adn i really dont want to redo it again..

HYST3R

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
the only problem i had was getting the cpu block to mount right on my prescott, due to the fact that the LGA775 socket type is picky about how its seated.

but i had no problems with the pump at all.

if your having the same problem with the new pump as the old one id ahve to agree with the guy who said something about checking the voltages and power requirements.

i ended up returning mine to compusa, but since then ive convinced myself to give it another shot. when it was working right my cpu temps were sub 30*C i think its a great cheap kit.

purelithium

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
Woah... Full load, my temps are 4-5deg C HIGHER now that I have this system installed. AS5 on the CPU(thin layer), (most)bubbles out of the system.

I'm baffled.

As to the problem of the OP:

Sounds like you need a new PSU, the voltage on your 12v rail sounds like it's fluctuating because it's probably what came with the case, right?

Get a solid PSU from Enermax, Antec, Silverstone. I personally own the Antec Truepower 2.0 430watt.