Historic Route 66 VORs list

Know where I can obtain a list of VORs to follow historic Route 66?

"Lynndel Humphreys" <lynndel@xtn.net> wrote in message
> Know where I can obtain a list of VORs to follow historic Route 66?

I don't have a list, but in New Mexico, Tucumcari and Anton Chico are
fairly close to I-40 (where US66 used to be). Maybe enough of us can give
our personal observations that we can come up with our own list.

Earl

--
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA

"Lynndel Humphreys" <lynndel@xtn.net> wrote in message
> Know where I can obtain a list of VORs to follow historic Route 66?

How many more times ???

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Earl Needham wrote:

> "Lynndel Humphreys" <lynndel@xtn.net> wrote in message
>
>>Know where I can obtain a list of VORs to follow historic Route 66?
>

> I don't have a list, but in New Mexico, Tucumcari and Anton Chico are
> fairly close to I-40 (where US66 used to be). Maybe enough of us can give
> our personal observations that we can come up with our own list.
>
> Earl

R66 parallels I40 through the town of Williams AZ. I lived in Williams,
one block from R66, when I was flying the Canyon. Unfortunately the
actual route 66 only exists for a few miles, but it's nostalgic to walk
near the same road that connected the US to the west coast so very
long ago.

--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

I think I have charts that cover most of it...I know I do for AZ and
probably NM too. Finding the time to go through them...that's another
story. Give me some time and I can do it.

Mr. Steve

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> Earl Needham wrote:
>
>> "Lynndel Humphreys" <lynndel@xtn.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Know where I can obtain a list of VORs to follow historic Route 66?
>>

>> I don't have a list, but in New Mexico, Tucumcari and Anton Chico are
>> fairly close to I-40 (where US66 used to be). Maybe enough of us can
>> give
>> our personal observations that we can come up with our own list.
>>
>> Earl
>>

> R66 parallels I40 through the town of Williams AZ. I lived in Williams,
> one block from R66, when I was flying the Canyon. Unfortunately the
> actual route 66 only exists for a few miles, but it's nostalgic to walk
> near the same road that connected the US to the west coast so very long
> ago.
>
> --
>
> (Smiling) boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Too much work. I used Street Atlas software and historic66.com got most of
the cities (and towns). Spent lots of time on it. Would like to RV along it
but it appears to be two lane but the Interstates are close. Getting back to
the VORs I have flown it simulated using GPS coordinates. Just follow the
Interstate I used the flight planner of course but want to use my own
navigation.

Chicago
,Gardner,,Bloomington,Springfield,SaintLouis,Sullivan,Waynesville,Springfiel
d MO,Galena,Baxter Springs,etc. Very long complicated route but interesting
to fly.