Terminal Services and XP home

October 13, 2004 4:02:37 PM

I have an ipaq with PPC2003 and a PC with XP Home SP2 and cannot get
terminal services to connect to the PC
Can terminal services only be used with W2K Pro and XP Pro?

More about : terminal services home

Anonymous
October 13, 2004 4:02:38 PM

TSC is used to connect to XP Pro boxes running Remote Desktop or W2003/W2K Servers running Terminal
Services...

To access/control an XP Home box look at using VNC... Get the server software from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

PocketPC VNC client software...

http://www.allware.com.mx/Windowsce/
http://www.cs.utah.edu/%7Emidgley/wince/vnc.html

If the XP Home box is behind a firewall/NAT/router then TCP Port 5900 must be opened...

Or, upgrade the XP Home box to XP Pro...:-)

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"jren57" <jren57@eldner.com> wrote in message news:%23LdSrQRsEHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I have an ipaq with PPC2003 and a PC with XP Home SP2 and cannot get terminal services to connect
>to the PC
> Can terminal services only be used with W2K Pro and XP Pro?
October 13, 2004 9:34:43 PM

You may also like to try PTvncGPRS (for PPC or PPC phones)
available from Handango or PocketGear.

!