AMD to Make 65nm Announcement Next Week

ltcommander_data

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004
Well, the title just about said it all and it's not exactly an unexpected announcement. But if you want to read the original snippet of an article it's here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30638

About #*$*(% time.
was just about my reaction too. We probably shouldn't expect actual availability yet since the upcoming AM2, etc. are still 90n, but I'm hoping to see some firmer timelines. Hopefully within this year of course.

It's suppose to be a gala event, which should mean good food. I wonder where they're doing it?

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
wow meanwhile intel already demo'd 45nm

And found that the 45NM Intel is about fast and efficient as a 40 yearold virgin who took a load off in his "Depends" Adult underwear while running after a MCdonalds delivery Guy. Lol a good and efficient 90NM AMD will be able to easly stack up to a 45NM. lol then just wonder what a 32NM AMD will be able to do eh?

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Well, the title just about said it all and it's not exactly an unexpected announcement. But if you want to read the original snippet of an article it's here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30638

About #*$*(% time.
was just about my reaction too. We probably shouldn't expect actual availability yet since the upcoming AM2, etc. are still 90n, but I'm hoping to see some firmer timelines. Hopefully within this year of course.

It's suppose to be a gala event, which should mean good food. I wonder where they're doing it?

Yea, get ready for the AMD ownage on Conroe, mwuahhhaa.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
It's fanboy time again, baby!

Soon all sort of posts / threads will go off just like when the Conroe review was published. (I can already picture Mad Mod Mike posting lol)

k2000k

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Watch out mike. You seem to be failing to heed your own advice, which is dont make predictions until the product comes out. Right now I am seriously looking at a Conroe when it comes out, but if it looks like AMD can deliver an extraordinary product, it will have to be to convince to me to wait longer, then I will buy.

wow meanwhile intel already demo'd 45nm

And meanwhile AMD's 90nm parts are faster and less expensive than Intel's 65nm parts. Sooo, this means that Intel may start feeling the heat, and no I'm not talking about a Prescott.

65nm will help AMD answer to the call of Conroe. The race is on!

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Watch out mike. You seem to be failing to heed your own advice, which is dont make predictions until the product comes out. Right now I am seriously looking at a Conroe when it comes out, but if it looks like AMD can deliver an extraordinary product, it will have to be to convince to me to wait longer, then I will buy.

lol, nah it was funny to say that.

It's true though, 90nm is taking Intel's 65nm, and now AMD's 65nm means big things and a contendor for 45nm, Intel's going to have to double-time to 32nm if they want to contend.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
while running after a MCdonalds delivery guy

Can you please tell me a McDonald's that delivers, 'cause that would just kick butt. I could get fat without having to leave my home. God Bless America.

Oh Hellz Yea...I wish I could order fast food via UPS or FedEx, mwuahahaha.

doomturkey

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005

Can you please tell me a McDonald's that delivers, 'cause that would just kick butt. I could get fat without having to leave my home. God Bless America.

LOL, I think I saw in the movie "Super Size Me" that Morgan Spurlock had McDonalds delivered to him, but that is in NY.

And think about the ownage 65nm AMD would do to intel, I mean an A64 in the mid 3ghz range. And then the OCing...the mad MAD OCing that will be done. Total Pawnage.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

LOL, I think I saw in the movie "Super Size Me" that Morgan Spurlock had McDonalds delivered to him, but that is in NY.

And think about the ownage 65nm AMD would do to intel, I mean an A64 in the mid 3ghz range. And then the OCing...the mad MAD OCing that will be done. Total Pawnage.

Dude, look at the Opteron 64's. I can get my Opty 165 to over 300MHz FSB, which brings it to over 2.7GHz, and its @ 1.35v! It sits @ 22c idle and <30c full load. All AMD has to do is refine the 65nm process, and I bet 1.2v = 3GHz w/ 300MHz FSB would be very achievable.

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
If we use my logic, I think that this is a lie. We will see that next week.
I don't belive that there would be 65nm K8s on the market this year.
Anyway for AMD and Intel lovers and fanboys,
I think that 65nm K8 doesn't have chance to beat Conroe, nor to be euqal if it comes with the architecture unchanged(I'm not counting DDR2 as a change). It will need more than 4GHz(Prescott like), and that is too much for the nature of K8.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Oh Hellz Yea...I wish I could order fast food via UPS or FedEx, mwuahahaha.

How about if you got automatic delivery of fast foods each time you got a personal best on your favorite game...

I've done email-order subs at work with delivery guaranteed within 20 minutes.

49ers540

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Intel fan because they make good products and nothing has ever gone wrong. AMD, my neighbor had two Athlon which went puff up in smoke when his fan quit working. My cousin down in Sacramento Cyrix also went puff up in smoke also. Yes, there are 3 factories of Intel here close to where I live and yes I will support them. Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss! I await with anticipation for the Conroe. The world has seen the IDF results and AMD is running! My P4 3.2ghz runs just fine. Game just fine.

The competition is good. Cheaper for everyone. I just like the bigger company like Microsoft. Without them, software would still be in the stone age.
Intel, for making quality chip.

49ers540

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
They have open house all the time. They mainly do research and develpment. They also do production too.

Most of the time MMM says something, he will end up pulling his foot out of his mouth.

Even though they fixed it temporarily, I still don't trust it. Yes, we don't need insurance to go any higher like gas prices. If it does, you know who to blame.

endyen

Splendid
AMD is running! My P4 3.2ghz runs just fine. Game just fine.
Amd is running at about 90% of retail chip sales in North America. Nice run!
I'm sure your P4 runs fine. On the other hand, my A64 3200 runs just as well, games better, puts out less heat, and cost less than your chip.
That's why Amd is selling so many retail chips.
If conroe is the better chip, more people will buy it because it will be the smart choice.
You buying one will not make you any smarter.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Even though they fixed it temporarily
I'm assuming you're talking about AMD's products... I've not had a single problem with any of my AMD CPUs.. Had problems with almost everything else over the years, but never had an issue with a K6-2 350Mhz (ran at 475Mhz much of the time), a Thunderbird 800Mhz (only 824Mhz... Motherboard was bad ocer), a Palomino XP2000+ (too many motherboard issues to bother ocing), a t-bred B 1700+ (spent most of its life running at 2.25Ghz, from stock speed of 1.46Ghz), and my present A64 3200+ @ 2.5Ghz..... Plus a 2500+ Barton in my bro's pc, a XP1800+ in another friend's one, and countless A64 chips in machines at work for customers.

I've suffered plenty of problems in my time, but not once have I had one which was attributable to the CPU.

I would bet those people you mention were running crappy VIA chipsets, but still blamed AMD for their problems. That's the usual way these things go.

Anyway, this has been done to death, so I don't really know why I'm bothering....

sepuko

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
I can't believe the lame conversation there about sizes! It's not about the size, it's about architecture and how it takes advantage of the manufacturing process.
"Intel's 45nm" "AMD's 65nm" ROFLMAO