Is it possible to choose which port to call on a ATA 186?

antonio

I know that the ATA 186 have 2 FXS ports, I wanna know if it is
possible to choose which port to call when calling from the internet
to the ATA186.
My doubt is because i want to use the 2 ports independent, one to
receive the and the other - with a gateway - to get a dial tone from
the PSTN.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

On 16 Apr 2004 06:24:32 -0700, mouallem@ig.com.br (Antonio) wrote:

>I know that the ATA 186 have 2 FXS ports, I wanna know if it is
>possible to choose which port to call when calling from the internet
>to the ATA186.
>My doubt is because i want to use the 2 ports independent, one to
>receive the and the other - with a gateway - to get a dial tone from
>the PSTN.

I know you can if you're running the H323 setup. I've never used the
SIP setup, but I understand that works just fine as well.