DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D

DDay629

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
I as some people know, am planning on building my own comp soon. I had originally planned on going with the Asus A8N32-SLi Delux motherboard, but have been recommended to DFI for its OC abilities. I don't really have any OC experience, but friends do, and the internet is there for that specific reason. I may still decide to get the Asus, just because it has so many great features and it is fairly easy to use.

So, my question is, do you recommend it, and yes, I know, you guys are going to say, I don't need SLi, but mabye, yes, just mabye I will have some use for it in the future, and I like the Asus board.

Of course, I like the DFI board too, and if you guys really highly recommend it, I will get it. I mean, it is cheaper after all.

DDay

Both mainboards are quite popular, and both will usually hit 300-330+ MHz FSB reliably....

The general consensus is that the Asus board is a little easier to set up, and that the DFI boards have more settings/options, including voltage options that, although nice to have, running 3.4V, for instance, to your DDR modules designed for 2.6V can burn them up in short order if one does not know what he/she is doing...

Personally, I'd opt for whatever Asus SLI32 board comes with an integrated Creative SB Live...; saves $35-$40 on a sound card, minimum, and easier to set up, and just as fast, save perhaps for the folks searching for reduced multipliers and 375 Mhz FSB running 275 Mhz mem clocks...