Sign in with
Your question

What Speakers do you suggest i purchase? Creative?

Last response: in Components
March 30, 2006 8:56:41 AM

Hi der, after reading the thread here about the need of getting a high quality soundcard, and it being much better to spend money on good speakers ive been convinced to go buy some decent quality speakers for my gaming rig. At the moment i have really cheap 10euro Creative speakers but i assume the integrated sound on my mid/high end mobo is good enough (tell me otherwise). What speakers do you suggest?? By the way i am mainly a gamer but am into music if that makes a difference. Thanks.
March 30, 2006 10:14:27 AM

The rage these days with the spread of the ipod has been an increased demand for high(er) quality 2-channel music for all the music fans with PCs. This has led to the resurgence of 2.1 channel setups, now better than ever, with surprisingly linear output and *tweeters*. Altec Lansing MX5020/5021/6021 and the Klipsch iFi are at the top of the ipod/music chain.

You seem to be in Europe. You guys seem to value high quality sound a bit more than us Americans. I think you should look around and ask about powered studio monitors. You'd be *very* pleased you made that change methinks. Most European loudspeakers are designed with a mild midbass hump that makes it very doable without a subwoofer.
March 30, 2006 10:22:33 AM

I can't think of anything better than a pair of Genelec http://www.genelec.com/ . 2nd best Yamaha has similar speakers for a lot less money. Try to keep with active speakers, the amplifier matches the elements.
!