PuffinKillaz

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I just bought and installed a 430 Watt Antec Neo HE power supply because my computer came with a 305 Watt POS that constantly shut down because of the new X800XL I installed...I literally just installed the power supply like 2 nights ago not thinking when I purchased it, that when I do eventually upgrade my video card in the next year or so that I'm going to need something with atleast 450 Watts...This week I'm also going to install this RAM (unless someone could recommend something else):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145594

Now my system would run fine with the RAM upgrade..but my whole point is that I can very easily return the power supply I have just bought and go and buy this power supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103941

But since I'm not upgrading for another 6 months to a year (or until the next geneartion of boards come out, probably some time after the Playstation 3 is released) should I just keep with what I have?

My system:

P4 3.4 GHZ @ 800Mhz FSB
1 GB DDR
250 GB SATA HD
X800XL
DVD Recorder Drive
CD Drive
(I know there is a site that can formulate your approximate wattage but I forgot the adress)

The way I see it...with the addition of more and better RAM games will run fine for atleast the next year or so...Oblivion runs smoothely for example...I just don't know if it makes sense to upgrade another 120 Watts for something that I don't even know will be even adequate down the line a year (give or take) from now...thanks in advance for your help.

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
your hardware looks fine..use the 430 psu unit....as for upgrade who knows what future holds for us......just enjoy what you have for the moment........

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
your hardware looks fine..use the 430 psu unit....as for upgrade who knows what future holds for us......just enjoy what you have for the moment........