Rendering issues plz help?

headshot321

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2006
i have a 6600gt, currently im playing gta san andreas. i get massive renering problems now but i never used too. suddeny the road will become see through or big triangles will appear out ov nowhere.
i have cheacked the temps after gaming an they seem fine to me around 50c. does anybody know what is happening its driving me mad?
cheers

driver upgrade? all patches applied? power cable touching the card? check all of these first.

You should also learn patience: for a new thread, you may want to sleep on it - answers may come after a few minutes if the subject is interesting enough, otherwise nothing.

Moreover, you're in 'general discussions' yes, but in the 'overclocking' area of a HARDWARE website! This is not the place where to post those. There are much more appropriate fora for that.

Have you checked all FAQs on the editor's website? Considering the title, you could also check websites dedicated to the GTA series.

headshot321

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2006
ok im downloading the 84.21 driver now but i have had many driver problems in the past with my card took me ages to find a stable one.

well, just imagine that: you updated your drivers because you had an issue with a newer game. However, these new drivers raise an issue that wasn't manifesting itself before in another game. So, that game's developer, who is still doing his job of supporting his user base, issues a fix so that his game still deals well with newer driver revisions. Additionally, said fix may include new features (use of shader model 3.0 instead of 2.0, etc.) - so it's always worth a shot.

Now if you don't understand this 'stupid' idea, here's the short answer: update your software and if it doesn't solve it, update your hardware!

headshot321

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2006
Yup the new driver has sorted it out, i didnt like updating drivers because there was an issue with the 6 series and new drivers, and i had a problem before that took me ages to sort out. anyway it works now so cheers