Custom windows/fan hole molding?

kyleawesome

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Alright guys as some of you may know I'm modding this old AT Gateway 2000 casr and throwing in a server.

Now I'm adding some fan holes in the unit, I went and grabbed a 3inch (76mm) hole saw which works great for cutting the holes (by the way fit perfectly if your stealthing 80mm fans) but even after a dremel the holes arent as pleasing to the eye as I'd like, so what in your opinion is the best way to add molding to a custom windows or blowhole?

crazymason

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
A hole saw, what a great idea!!! I took a 4"inch makita grinder with a diamond wheel and whacked big ugly square holes in this computer....I then didn't want to go through the trouble of screwing the fan units on, so i got a hot glue gun and glued it on from the inside,,,,LOL it works great! Its ugly but i turned the side to the wall and never see it! I actually put a huge power supply in this thing too,,,only problem,,,it didnt fit, so i cut that hole bigget with the same grinder...It worked like a charm...I now have a hot glued fan, protruding (but actually screwed oin in a unique fasion) power supply and severely modded overclocked ugly nasty computer! Its sure was fun,,,I have the fsb jacked up, overclocked the video card and set everydamn setting I could in a faster way...ANY minute this thing will puff smoke! I hope I didnt set the voltage to high, but If I did, I hope the fans blow first sio I can actually see the smoke pour out of this heap off junk! I think taking a semi modern mans communication device and using it to communicate in a primnative smoke signal language would be an irony so sweet It must be candy! LOLOLOLOL....Oh yeah, even wth the PSU hanging out the back,,,,I still could not quite fit the cd player in,,,so it protrudes out the front!!! LOL I am the master of insanely ugly and hacked up mod jobs,,,,,,,LOL I guess it dont matter much, cuz this thing is sure to fry fairly quickly...Then its onto my next victim...I just smoke up these older computers for fun....Besides its an HP it deserves to burn and die an ugly death!