No 939 & ATX & onboard VGA available ?

In my contest to find a suitable board for me, I would like to get a good 939 board that has integrated graphics. But as far as I can tell, all boards are MicroATX, which I hate since I bought a 8 x 5 1/4" server case. (Codegen 8011)
Can anyone suggest me a standard ATX board that has integrated graphics ?
The second most important for me is 4xPCI-E slot or SATA RAID.

Thanks in advance,

Peter
15 answers Last reply
More about onboard
  1. Good luck. I havent even seen an ATX board that had 4 pci-e slots (not counting x16 for video).
    Only boards that I found with onboard vga were matx with maybe 1 pci-e (non-video) and 1 or 2 pci slots.
  2. How he stated his question was misleading. Does he want four (4) PCIe slots, multiple PCIe x4 slots or (4) PCIe x4 slots?!

Anyways...Depending on the PCIe cards that he wants to use, there is some hope. A higher factor PCIe slot will actually run a smaller PCIe card. For example:
    1. A PCIe x16 slot can accept a x16, x8, x4 or x1 card
    2. A PCIe x8 slot can accept a x8, x4 or x1 card
    and
    3. A PCIe x4 slot can accept a x4 or x1 card

If we wanted to run (4) PCIe x1 cards, then he should be able to run all of them on a mobo with any combination of four PCIe slots...
  3. I meant 1 piece of 4x speed (1GB/sec) PCI-E slot. Didn't ever thought of misunderstanding.
    But that's the latter, the question in the topic title still isn't answered yet ...
  4. If you want an ATX mobo, then I would recommend getting a board without onboard video and getting a very inexpensive vid card. The Gigabyte K8NF-9 is very reasonably priced, has onboard SATA RAID and passive chipset cooling. Match that with a 6200TC and you would be good to go.
  5. Quote:
    If you want an ATX mobo, then I would recommend getting a board without onboard video and getting a very inexpensive vid card. The Gigabyte K8NF-9 is very reasonably priced, has onboard SATA RAID and passive chipset cooling. Match that with a 6200TC and you would be good to go.

So, you Gigabyte motherboard still run fine budd?
  6. Is it the Asus A8N-E? That has the 4x pcie slot with an open end so it could take a full lenght card. And the DFI LP UT boards are the only other ones I know with a 4x pcie slot.
  7. Like a charm! Folding 24/7 with a 15% OC and I don't see temps over 37C on the CPU. It's been stable as a rock and quiet - thanks again for the good info on it! How's that 939Dual working for you? Still have it or have you moved on to a different setup?
  8. http://www.foxconnchannel.com/products_motherboard_2.cfm?pName=6150K8MA-8EKRS

Foxconn (Leadtek Winfast), Gigabyte and MSI all do decent nForce 430, Socket 939, boards with GeForce 6150 video integrated.

Avoid the nForce 410 / GeForce 6100 combos though.

They all sport PCIe x16 slots, so video can be upgraded to GeForce 7900 GT/GTX or Radeon X1900 series down the track if desired. :wink:

Failing that look at: http://www.tyan.com , if you indeed have a server case and PSU. Although most of them have onboard ATI Rage XL, which predates the nVidia Riva TNT(1) GPU. Still does 2D GUI stuff fine though.
  9. Quote:
    Like a charm! Folding 24/7 with a 15% OC and I don't see temps over 37C on the CPU. It's been stable as a rock and quiet - thanks again for the good info on it! How's that 939Dual working for you? Still have it or have you moved on to a different setup?

I still have it. Works very good with a 500MHz overclock. Rock stable and quiet too. I just got an Asus x1600xt video card, the silent one (heat pipes and big cooler, and no fan.. :D ) to complete the setup..

Now, I'm just hearing the HDD and sometime, the CPU fan...

Pretty fast and nice system I must admit.. better than I first thought. Now, I'm planning on getting the Asus ATI motherboard, because onboard sound is good, it has digital output so I could take my sound blaster out and use it somewhere else..
  10. I'm planning my next build right now. I definitely want to continue the quiet theme. I've got an extra X800GTO laying around - I think I may just put an arctic cooling HSF on it...that or a Zalman. How does the X1600XT compare to the X800GTO in performance and what specific one did you get? I haven't really paid a lot of attention to that series - are they all passively cooled?

I want to get better sound, so I'll have to take a look at the Asus ATI board, too. You're talking about the Asus A8R MVP series aren't you? Are there any other good value mobos that have high quality integrated sound? IIRC, the disadvantage is that the new version of that board is going for around $150.

Are you going to stick with the 3200+ or are you going to step up? I'll admit that I've thought about an X2, but i really can't justify that expense to myself...

I went with the Antec Sonata II on the last build, but I think I'm going to get one of the Coolermaster RC-531s this time. I'll pair that with a efficient/quiet PSU. There will probably be 4 fans or less and I'm going to make sure they are adjustable and quiet. Are you using the stock AMD HSF?

It's good to hear an update on that build - let me know how your next one works out!
  11. The video card I got is that one.. If it end by Silent, then it is. There is regular model too, but wasn't interrested by them... And I think that it compare very well or better than the x800GTO, but don't take my word on that. I could bench it too and give you the result later, if you're interrested. I got this card for Avivo, silent and it is VIVO for my video work. Right spot for me. Oh.. play fear well too, at 1024x768, for TV output. That's all I need, as I play my game on my TV..

I'm considering dual core, but right now, what I have is good enuf. My 3000+ is clocked at 2.3 GHz and that's good enough for most of my task. I may go dual core if I switch to AM2 to try it, but I don't know. If I got a good deal on one, then I'll probably get one thou...

The A8R-MVP would be sufficient for me. But the A8R32 is nice too. But it cost more that 100$ can more than the normal one. Completly fanless, performing good too, don't care too much about high overclocking.

I'm using AMD stock cooler. 45 degrees full load in a such cramped case and a 500MHz OC isn't worst at all. My thermaltake TR2 PSU is still running strong. Not top of the line, but sufficient and quiet. Good enough for me.
  12. The A8R-MVP is an excellent choice, especially for the price...
    But the A8R32-MVP is better in features, performance, stability and compatibility (especially if using x1900 GPU's) , thus it costs more...
    To me, AM2 does not interest me... since indications are performance will be roughly same, and the current line forthcoming from AMD do not indicate any real improvements in MHz, considering current 939's will oc to AM2 speeds...
  13. AM2 is not really what I could call the next best thing, but, since I sell PC, I like to try for myself instead of recommending everything that I don't know.

This way, I still have to get one failure or problem with the computer I did and that's worth it.

the 100$ more for the a8r32 don't really worth it, to me. I don't keep motherboard long enough to really have an advantage to it anyway. Unless the plain a8r-mvp being really unstable, but from what I read, I don't think.

Because I don't use Intel anymore since the Prescott, and I wont do it until maybe Conroe(wait to see the thing before commening, I'll probably use AM2 for a while after announced. Not that I don't like Intel, but since most of the computer I sell are for casual user, that don't care about the inside of the case, having a heat sensitive devices running in dusty environnement without any care smell trouble for me.
  14. There is a review of the Asus cardhere, at sudhian if that interrest you. If you know how the 800gto compare to others, you'Ll be able to draw a conclusion about how it perform..
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards ATX Graphics Product