Voip 'phone configuration issues

I decided to get the IP2006 'phone from Solwise for my Voip as I am
anxious to make people take this up as a viable alternative to PSTN,
however i am having some configuration issues (lack of info/stupidity
and "not quite clear" manual). I need the sip server address, as an ip
addy, not just sippproxy.gradwell.net, the best i can do is
193.111.200.11
is this correct?
Also, although i can actually make calls, i am not registered on the
system, the message is "register failed". Any clues anyone?

graham.
3 answers Last reply
More about voip phone configuration issues

    As a follow up, i managed to make some (very good quality) 'phone
    calls this afternoon but i have now buggered the settings up, again.
    My main issue was that although i am (was) able to make calls, the
    'phone wasn't registering on the network so i wasn't able to call in
    from the PSTN. Now i am unable to do anything:-(. Before i reset back
    to default settings i thought i would put a screenshot up of my
    settings and see if anyone has any ideas. The jpg can be found here:
    http://pointzero.org.uk/settings.jpg
    Thanks in advance for your time. Also, it works fine if i fire up
    x-lite so it is definately me.

    graham.

    tekkno wrote:
    > As a follow up, i managed to make some (very good quality) 'phone
    > calls this afternoon but i have now buggered the settings up, again.
    > My main issue was that although i am (was) able to make calls, the
    > 'phone wasn't registering on the network so i wasn't able to call in
    > from the PSTN. Now i am unable to do anything:-(. Before i reset back
    > to default settings i thought i would put a screenshot up of my
    > settings and see if anyone has any ideas. The jpg can be found here:
    > http://pointzero.org.uk/settings.jpg
    > Thanks in advance for your time. Also, it works fine if i fire up
    > x-lite so it is definately me.
    >
    > graham.

    Call Solwise Tech Support. If they refuse to help a
    paying customer I suspect your in for a long road.

    On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:07:29 -0400, SPD <blairsp@dca.net> wrote:

    >tekkno wrote:
    >> As a follow up, i managed to make some (very good quality) 'phone
    >> calls this afternoon but i have now buggered the settings up, again.
    >> My main issue was that although i am (was) able to make calls, the
    >> 'phone wasn't registering on the network so i wasn't able to call in
    >> from the PSTN. Now i am unable to do anything:-(. Before i reset back
    >> to default settings i thought i would put a screenshot up of my
    >> settings and see if anyone has any ideas. The jpg can be found here:
    >> http://pointzero.org.uk/settings.jpg
    >> Thanks in advance for your time. Also, it works fine if i fire up
    >> x-lite so it is definately me.
    >>
    >> graham.
    >
    > Call Solwise Tech Support. If they refuse to help a
    >paying customer I suspect your in for a long road.

    I think Steve is very good with his support, thing is i want it to
    work over the weekend, they are closed:-)
    I now have the 'phone working fine, just that it "logs off" the
    system, or rather, when i dial it returns "callsent" and nothing else,
    This only happens though if i am logged into the system for some time.
    I think it is prolly software.

    graham.

VPN Phones Configuration VoIP Networking