Radioblaster

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
So hears the deal,
I had an A8N-E, Venice 3000+, 535W enermax ps and a BFG 6800GT.
Turn the system on and I get 1-long, 3-short beeps.
Sent the card back to BFG and got a new one.
Same problem.
Sent the card back again and got a new one.
Same problem.
Replaced my A8N-E with an A8N-SLI Premium and replaced my 535W enermax with a 500W enermax Liberty.
Same problem.
RMA'd the card for a 3rd time - got a new 6800GT back again.
Guess what... same problem... 1-long, 3-short beep code at post.
I know what you'r thinking, theres no way BFG would send me 3 bad cards so it must be my system, but here's the kicker - I put my friends BFG 7800GT in my system and it's been working fine with that card for 3 weeks now.

Any ideas why all 3 of my 6800GT's won't post but a 7800GT will??

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I don't know what CS is like with them as I've never had problems with my own but, did you mark the cards to see whether they sent the same card back to you?

So hears the deal,
I had an A8N-E, Venice 3000+, 535W enermax ps and a BFG 6800GT.
Turn the system on and I get 1-long, 3-short beeps.
Sent the card back to BFG and got a new one.
Same problem.
Sent the card back again and got a new one.
Same problem.
Replaced my A8N-E with an A8N-SLI Premium and replaced my 535W enermax with a 500W enermax Liberty.
Same problem.
RMA'd the card for a 3rd time - got a new 6800GT back again.
Guess what... same problem... 1-long, 3-short beep code at post.
I know what you'r thinking, theres no way BFG would send me 3 bad cards so it must be my system, but here's the kicker - I put my friends BFG 7800GT in my system and it's been working fine with that card for 3 weeks now.

Any ideas why all 3 of my 6800GT's won't post but a 7800GT will??

According to BIOS Central 1 long and 3 short is bad or no video ram or an improperly seated video card...aside from that, if you plugged a friends card in and it wotked fine, then what else can you conclude that the 6800GT is bad...send it back to BFG but put a mark on it so you can identify it and see if they send the same one back...

Radioblaster

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
I made sure to write down the serial #'s of the cards before I sent them back.
In total, they ended up sending me eight 6800 GT's (all different serial numbers) and none of them worked. I am convinced that it is a conflict which only occurs if you have some specific combination of hardware but BFG refuses to buy that. Either way, they finally sent me a 7800 GT and it worked fine (just like my friends did). Since that time, I've upgraded to an EVGA 7900 GT and have had zero problems with it as well.