  • Product
Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 19, 2005 11:30:44 PM

I'm a victim of my own over-tweaking.

I've always been unhappy with the Aeroworx King Air flight dynamics on the
pitch axis, it flies like a wobbly goblin. I almost complained in their
forum. Finally last night, fed up with it I decided to roll up my sleeves
and try to work on the flight dynamics. When I got in there it looked like
someone had already changed things around...

Someone had... apparently me.

After I changed things back to default it handles very nicely.

Duh!

Sometimes ya just gotta leave things alone.

Danger Puppy

More about : tweaking

Anonymous
June 19, 2005 11:30:45 PM

A little of the subject but thanks for the scenery tip. I found scenery by
that Bill guy (starts with M) and he's done some good stuff...very detailed.
I'm impressed. He uses Society Islands landclass and mesh and I am a happy
man. I can get away to the good life now.

Mr. Steve of the Furnace (Phoenix)

> I'm a victim of my own over-tweaking.
>
> I've always been unhappy with the Aeroworx King Air flight dynamics on the
> pitch axis, it flies like a wobbly goblin. I almost complained in their
> forum. Finally last night, fed up with it I decided to roll up my
> sleeves
> and try to work on the flight dynamics. When I got in there it looked
> like
> someone had already changed things around...
>
> Someone had... apparently me.
>
> After I changed things back to default it handles very nicely.
>
> Duh!
>
> Sometimes ya just gotta leave things alone.
>

> Danger Puppy

June 19, 2005 11:30:45 PM

Dallas wrote:

> Someone had... apparently me.
>
> After I changed things back to default it handles very nicely.

Herradura has that effect........... Whodonit?? d:->))
June 20, 2005 2:46:40 AM

"CRaSH"
> Herradura has that effect........... Whodonit?? d:->))

In a Homer Simpson voice: Mmmmmmm........ Herradura.....

Hic.. Dallas
June 20, 2005 2:50:21 AM

"Mr. Steve"
>He uses Society Islands landclass and mesh and I am a happy
> man.

Yeah... everybody wants payware French Polynesia... scenery designers
aren't listening.

Hey, thanks.. I didn't know Bill Melichar had mesh and landclass out, I'll
have to check it out.

Dallas
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 2:50:22 AM

Society Island Scenery is by James Thompson...I got it from avsim I believe.
Has a lot of good stuff in it. Check it out. Bill Melichar thinks it good.

Mr. Steve of Bora Bora

> "Mr. Steve"
>>He uses Society Islands landclass and mesh and I am a happy
>> man.
>
> Yeah... everybody wants payware French Polynesia... scenery designers
> aren't listening.
>
> Hey, thanks.. I didn't know Bill Melichar had mesh and landclass out,
> I'll
> have to check it out.
>

> Dallas

June 20, 2005 2:51:47 AM

"Mr. Steve"
> Mr. Steve of the Furnace (Phoenix)

Yeah, but it's a dry heat. :-)

Dallas - of the Steamer
June 20, 2005 11:18:35 AM

Dallas wrote:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Windsur...

Hmmmm.... From that view it kind of looks like a Portuguese Man-of-War
after having a couple of bricks dropped on it from the dock (very high dock,
like where an aircraft carrier would be tied up :) ..
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:04:24 PM

I am extremely jealous. I gave standing orders to have my ashes dropped
from the air of those islands. Hope that's not the only time I get there.
:)

Mr. Steve in the Furnace (it's hot here today)

> "Mr. Steve"
>> Mr. Steve of Bora Bora
>
> Here's a picture of the real thing:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Windsur...
>

> CRaSH and I have been there for real. :-)
>

> Dallas

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 10:36:13 PM

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:54:26 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> Here's a picture of the real thing:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Windsur...
>

> CRaSH and I have been there for real. :-)
>

> Dallas

Awwwwww....you guys! That's so sweet!
Crash and Dallas sitting in a tree.....
:=))

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(If you've gotta be part of a group, be part of a group of simmers!)

Mr. Steve wrote:
> I am extremely jealous. I gave standing orders to have my ashes
> dropped from the air of those islands. Hope that's not the only time
> I get there. :)
>
> Mr. Steve in the Furnace (it's hot here today)

My daughter lives just west of Paradise Valley golf course in PHX, so I have
the utmost sympathy for your weather - knowing it's just getting warmed
up!!!!
Go to French Polynesia and the phrase "it's not the heat, it's the humidity"
takes on a whole different meaning - about the only place you'll find air
conditioning (at least in '87) is on the main island of Tahiti.. My daughter
about wilts just coming here to Arkansas in the summer!! d:->))
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:02:41 AM

It's not official of course but it was 113 at our house today. We are west
of the PV golf course too...probably 10-12 miles or so...just west of the
Loop 101 between Peoria Ave on Olive Ave. I am pretty much under the
pattern for Glendale Airport - KGEU I don't mind that except I keep seeing
everyone flying over but me. :)

Mr. Sweating Steve of the backyard pool

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Mr. Steve wrote:
>> I am extremely jealous. I gave standing orders to have my ashes
>> dropped from the air of those islands. Hope that's not the only time
>> I get there. :)
>>
>> Mr. Steve in the Furnace (it's hot here today)
>>

> My daughter lives just west of Paradise Valley golf course in PHX, so I
> have the utmost sympathy for your weather - knowing it's just getting
> warmed up!!!!
> Go to French Polynesia and the phrase "it's not the heat, it's the
> humidity" takes on a whole different meaning - about the only place you'll
> find air conditioning (at least in '87) is on the main island of Tahiti..
> My daughter about wilts just coming here to Arkansas in the summer!!
> d:->))

June 21, 2005 12:06:12 AM

"Marcel Kuijper" \
> Awwwwww....you guys! That's so sweet!
> Crash and Dallas sitting in a tree.....

Well, it was our honeymoon. :-)

Dallas
June 21, 2005 12:06:13 AM

Dallas wrote:
> "Marcel Kuijper" \
>> Awwwwww....you guys! That's so sweet!
>> Crash and Dallas sitting in a tree.....
>
> Well, it was our honeymoon. :-)

Blabbermouth - you know Studmuffin can't keep a secret.............
June 21, 2005 2:34:48 AM

CRaSH wrote:

> Dallas wrote:
>
>>"Marcel Kuijper" \
>>
>>>Awwwwww....you guys! That's so sweet!
>>>Crash and Dallas sitting in a tree.....
>>
>>Well, it was our honeymoon. :-)
>>

> Blabbermouth - you know Studmuffin can't keep a secret.............

Speaking of HammyMoons, look east at sunset this evening. Take a look
at our big ol moon. First time in 18 years it's been so low. Maybe
I'll try a Beech 18 and see if I can make it. :)

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/20jun_moonillus...
--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
June 21, 2005 3:04:21 AM

Just in case anyone thinks Canada is always cold, it's going up to over 90
deg. F. tomorrow (June 21) in Toronto. Now, that combined the the humidity
we expect, and you're looking at a humidex of about 110 or so. Fortunately,
being metric here, it will only be 30 so it sounds cooler : )

Arthur

> "Mr. Steve"
>> Mr. Steve of the Furnace (Phoenix)
>
> Yeah, but it's a dry heat. :-)
>

> Dallas - of the Steamer

June 21, 2005 9:17:19 AM

"boB"
> Speaking of HammyMoons, look east at sunset this evening.

Too late... it's already midnight.

Dallas
June 21, 2005 9:28:29 AM

"Mr. Steve"
> It's not official of course but it was 113 at our house today.

I don't feel sorry for you! I lived seven years in New Mexico and have
spent several weeks in Phoenix in July, but I was unprepared for Dallas when
it's 104°. The humidly makes it hell on earth. I'd go to Phoenix to cool
off in the summer. :-)

Dallas
June 21, 2005 9:29:53 AM

"Arthur"
> Just in case anyone thinks Canada is always cold, it's going up to over 90
> deg. F. tomorrow (June 21) in Toronto.

Aren't you afraid your house will melt?

:-P

Dallas
June 21, 2005 9:56:38 AM

"CRaSH"
> Go to French Polynesia and the phrase "it's not the heat, it's the
humidity"
> takes on a whole different meaning - about the only place you'll find air
> conditioning (at least in '87) is on the main island of Tahiti

Fortunately we went in their "winter" in July.

In Bora Bora we stayed in a mind bogglingly expensive thatched roof "hut".
The first night I was looking around for electricity for all my stuff...
they had one little 220 outlet for the whole room. You get about 2 x 90
watt lights, no cable TV, no coffee maker, no AC, no fan, no nutthin'...
they did have a phone.

The truth is that's one of the many charms of the place... you have to
simplify your life in a hurry or get back on the plane and get out before
you go crazy. If you want to go out to dinner you can grab one of the free
bicycles and peddle your butt there, or wait for the one open air mini bus
that circles the island every hour or so whenever it feels like it.

All you there is to do there is play in the sand and water of the most
beautiful spot on earth... and eat French cuisine. Tough huh?

I wanna go back.

Dallas
June 21, 2005 12:48:17 PM

> Fortunately we went in their "winter" in July.

We went mid-summer (Jan.). Ironically we had free 1st class (ya ain't flown
till ya go int'l 1st class!!!) frequent flyer tickets, but on the day of
departure from Kansas City, our connection in Denver was canceled due to a
blizzard! Continental called and informed us early so we didn't get stuck
at the airport, and offered to rescedule for the next day, but our
reservations were already booked/paid, so we had to pay for two last minute
one-way coach tickets (~$300!) on another airline to get to LAX. Hell, that
would have almost paid for a day in Bora Bora!! Not a happy camper.......

> In Bora Bora we stayed in a mind bogglingly expensive thatched roof
> "hut". The first night I was looking around for electricity for all
> my stuff... they had one little 220 outlet for the whole room. You
> get about 2 x 90 watt lights, no cable TV, no coffee maker, no AC, no
> fan, no nutthin'... they did have a phone.

We at least had a ceiling fan, but no phone - I'll take that choice any day!
If it got a bit sticky, we just laid in the ocean and watched the fishes, or
wait for one of the rain squalls to pass through and walk around in it..
The hut had a covered veranda that was really cool to sit and watch it pour
down, I have a picture that looks like we were sitting behind a water
fall... No extra charge for the nocturnal gecko's in the hut for insect
control either! One night my wife let out a blood curdling scream at 2:00
a.m. when one took a short cut across the bed and her bare back... Chickens
roamed the resort grounds during the day helping with the bugs also...

> The truth is that's one of the many charms of the place... you have
> to simplify your life in a hurry or get back on the plane and get out
> before you go crazy. If you want to go out to dinner you can grab
> one of the free bicycles and peddle your butt there, or wait for the
> one open air mini bus that circles the island every hour or so
> whenever it feels like it.
>
> All you there is to do there is play in the sand and water of the most
> beautiful spot on earth... and eat French cuisine. Tough huh?
>
> I wanna go back.

me too..... but, I couldn't afford it again, even at the '87 prices...
The over the water huts that went for $450/night (we stayed in the second
tier back from the beach $235/night, beach front was $325) are going for
around $1,300/night the last time I checked. Now THAT would be cool!!
They had their own individual swimming dock w/fresh water shower at the
base of the stairs going back up to the living level, right over the most
beautiful snorkeling in the world..... [sigh]

I wonder what the $5.00 cokes are going for now? Local store prices then:
5th Jim Beam $45, box corn flakes $15, sirloin $40/lb, etc.....
To save a few bucks on breakfast ($18 each), we bought a box of corn flakes
and a couple cans of condensed milk (no fresh milk available), and it was
the most putrid tasting stuff imaginable!! So we ended up going to
afternoon 'tea', that was complimentary, and walking out with a half dozen
pastries to have the next morning with coffee...... Ahhh, the memories!
d:->))
June 21, 2005 9:37:20 PM

Dallas wrote:
> "boB"
>
>>Speaking of HammyMoons, look east at sunset this evening.
>

> Too late... it's already midnight.
>

> Dallas

You can see it again tonight. :)

--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
June 21, 2005 10:56:22 PM

Arthur wrote:

> Just in case anyone thinks Canada is always cold, it's going up to over 90
> deg. F. tomorrow (June 21) in Toronto. Now, that combined the the humidity
> we expect, and you're looking at a humidex of about 110 or so. Fortunately,
> being metric here, it will only be 30 so it sounds cooler : )
>
> Arthur

Yea, but it's a cold heat.

--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
June 22, 2005 9:12:18 AM

"CRaSH"
> I wonder what the $5.00 cokes are going for now? Local store prices then:
> 5th Jim Beam $45, box corn flakes $15, sirloin $40/lb, etc.....

There was a little beachside shack snack bar on the way back to town that
made hot dogs on French bread. About $10 but worth every penny.

> Ahhh, the memories!

Crash, you forgot to mention that most women don't bother with the top
halves of their bikinis there. I remember seeing a foxy chick at dinner one
night and thinking "love to see her naked"... Well, the next day I got my
wish. :-)

Dallas
!