Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Cases
  • Water Cooling
  • Akasa
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
March 30, 2006 4:56:51 PM

For my new rig I need a big tower case. There is much choice but I am finally looking at the Akasa Eclipse 62 with slide out mobo mounting and room to spare should i want to install a pump for liquid cooling. Does anyone have experience with this case :?:

Any other suggestions in the same class of case are more than welcome.

More about : advise good big tower case

March 30, 2006 9:32:53 PM

You might like to have a look at the CoolerMaster series of stackers. I've heard a lot of good things about the 810, and will probably be getting the 830 for myself in a couple of months. Also I think the Thermaltake Armor series is similar, and comes ready for watercooling, with pre-drilled holes for the piping.
March 31, 2006 2:28:35 AM

If you're willing to put down the money, the Lian-Li PCV2100 Plus is a dream to work with. I love building systems with it because the interior is so well designed. However, it is rather expensive.
Related resources
March 31, 2006 2:44:01 AM

Quote:
If you're willing to put down the money, the Lian-Li PCV2100 Plus is a dream to work with. I love building systems with it because the interior is so well designed. However, it is rather expensive.

$320? I'll take two
March 31, 2006 4:41:04 AM

Quote:

This is a nice case with very good ratings. And yes it is a bit pricy.
But I guess you get what you pay for. Quality hardly ever comes cheap.
Thanks for the heads up, Gents. :wink:
March 31, 2006 3:39:29 PM

Quote:
For my new rig I need a big tower case. There is much choice but I am finally looking at the Akasa Eclipse 62 with slide out mobo mounting and room to spare should i want to install a pump for liquid cooling. Does anyone have experience with this case :?:

Any other suggestions in the same class of case are more than welcome.

Thermaltake SHARK is a good case for the money.

2 120mm Fans. Mobo tray than can be removed from the case and quick mount HDD brackets or whatever you call them.

I fit a big typhoon CPU fan in there with plenty of room to spare.
!