X1800 GTO's on newegg for $231

cleeve

Illustrious
Spotted by bourgeoisdude:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Short-List-GAMING-VIDEO-MONEYftopic-169937-days0-orderasc-175.html

I'm going to repeat the same thing I told him:

For the regular joe, the X1800 GTO isn't much to look at compared to a stock 7600 GT which is $50 or so cheaper...

...but for an overclocker: nice card. 256-bit interface and low stock clockspeeds should equal alot of overclocking headroom.

Once again, Atitool's software voltage control comes into play. I reckon these cards will reach X1800 XL performance if the cores are clocked to 650 or so mhz... and the memory can be OCd as well to furthur effect.

Should be a good overclocker's card. If they reach the $200 price point, they'll even be a good buy stock.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Thanks for the honor :) Really though, I really pay attention to your stickey alot now, and heres why:

Before I saw your stickey, I did research from several websites regarding best bang-for-buck. After having the general idea of what was and what was not a good deal, I read the stickey. It had EXACTLY the same things listed at the time that I determined would be best for the price range. Not just that, but you recommended them for the same reasons I had as well.

Having checked your findings twice since, and finding you to be right on with what I believe in most cases, I find "reinforcement" by reading your opinions. If you recommend something that I would not have recommended, I re-evaluate, and usually find you to be more correct than I. I guess you could say that you "steady" my evaluations.

Of course, you also know alot more about this subject than I. I've been a computer freak since using Windows 3.1 on a 486, but only in the past couple of years have I begun to understand video card technologies and such. Thanks again for your contributions to TG Forumz. :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

pauldh

Illustrious
Ah man, I saw that this morning in Neweggs deals and posted it in reply to the japones guy because he commented the 7600GT was faster in most games. And to know I could have had my name in Bold. :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll:

It's priced under the $250 mark anyway, and just $20 more than the top of the line XFX XXX 7600GT, which it beats in the LegitReviews comparison. SO not bad really. It would make a real nice $200 card if they can make them cheap enough, and it should push 7600GT prices down too at that point.