Lunar Eclipse in FS2004

I checked out a lunar eclipse because of FS2004's ability to accurately
place sun and moon.

On Nov 8, 2003 with Local Time 16:20:00 to 17:59:00 the moon on the leftside
is partially blocked.
At 3CV (Cable Wi) take off runway 8 and head 60 degrees.

The blocked pattern does not move across the moon during this time period
but immediately jumps to a full moon at 18:00:00.

Does anyone know about a solar eclipse that I might observe?

Thank you,

Robert Bobic

dallas

"Robert Bobic"
> On Nov 8, 2003 with Local Time 16:20:00 to 17:59:00 the moon on the
leftside
> is partially blocked.

Are you saying FS9 simulates eclipses? Any chance of you posting a
screenshot?

Dallas

It looks like FS2004 only partially simulates eclipses because the shaddow
doesn't move with time but the example I mentioned partially blocked the
move then jumpped to a full moon when the eclipse should have ended. Some
people in the group don't like posting .jpg's. . . . .Go to the year time
and location and see for yourself.

I was just interested if solar eclipses were simulated.

"Robert Bobic" <rbobic@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>I checked out a lunar eclipse because of FS2004's ability to accurately
>place sun and moon.
>
> On Nov 8, 2003 with Local Time 16:20:00 to 17:59:00 the moon on the
> leftside is partially blocked.
> At 3CV (Cable Wi) take off runway 8 and head 60 degrees.
>
> The blocked pattern does not move across the moon during this time period
> but immediately jumps to a full moon at 18:00:00.
>
> Does anyone know about a solar eclipse that I might observe?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Robert Bobic

There was a total eclipse in the UK on 11 August 1999. The nearest airfield
is St Just EGHC.

Eclipse paths are pretty narrow, but the Penzance Heliport was in the
centre. This is not modelled in FS but the NDB is there marked as PH on the
map and is on 333.0 Khz

Of course you have to get the iming exact

http://www.eclipse.org.uk/ will help.

Butch

There was a total eclipse in the UK on 11 August 1999. The nearest airfield
is St Just EGHC.

Eclipse paths are pretty narrow, but the Penzance Heliport was in the
centre. This is not modelled in FS but the NDB is there marked as PH on the
map and is on 333.0 Khz

**There is a down-load for Penzance Heliport on Avsim.com. Look for
"penzfs9.zip"**

"Butch" <butchuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> There was a total eclipse in the UK on 11 August 1999. The nearest
> airfield
> is St Just EGHC.
>
> Eclipse paths are pretty narrow, but the Penzance Heliport was in the
> centre. This is not modelled in FS but the NDB is there marked as PH on
> the
> map and is on 333.0 Khz
>
> **There is a down-load for Penzance Heliport on Avsim.com. Look for
> "penzfs9.zip"**
>
> Of course you have to get the iming exact
>
> http://www.eclipse.org.uk/ will help.

Now that post had me spooked! At first glance it looked like a complete
re-posting of my original post. And the sender was butch (in the UK with a
hotmail account) Rather close to my name.

Then I read it carefully and saw that there was a line added about a
download available from Avsim. Nearly missed it.

Thanks for the info.