CHARTERED WILL AID AMD WITH 65NM PROCESSORS

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
So says fabtech sources:
http://www.fabtech.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1387&Itemid=2

AMD is expected to see its microprocessors roll off the fabrication line at Chartered Semiconductor's 300mm facility, Fab7 in June 2006, according to a report from Forbes.Originally when the foundry deal was made official last year, Hector Ruiz, AMD's Chairman, stated that production of its microprocessors at Fab7 would begin late in 2006 and would be on a qualified compatible 65nm process.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Like this?

face-profile.jpg

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
Like this?

face-profile.jpg

DAS keyboard is nice

but i think it goes beyond the ability of 9-inch to use.

I can just imagine it now. instead of

CHARTERED WILL AID AMD WITH 65NM PROCESSORS

we get

IEUIQOPUL,. ALKJASLKALK LALSALL ICILQW3LKKLD ASM,ASDLKKLKLSDJKLASDJKLS

unbiased4u

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
GOD DAM 65NM WOW PRAISE INTEL THEY ALREADY HAVE IT AND WHO THE HELL CARES - WHEN AMD GETS 65NM INTEL WILL HAVE 45NM ITS A POINTLESS WAR, AND BESIDES REFINED NM DONT MAKE GOOD PROCESSORS.

You know, I think that we shouldn't praise either company, because it would be really stupid. Just find the better processor at your price. If Intel can also improve their architecture, then they would be all set. All AMD needs to do is shrink the die size so they can make things cheaper....either way, consumers win!

And please stop being a fanboy, although I have no way in stopping you :roll:

Ycon

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
HAHA!! AMD IS SO PATHETIC THEY CANT EVEN GET SOME MANUFACTURING PROCESS WORKING THEMSELVES!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Someone needed to do that >_>

unbiased4u

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
HAHA!! AMD IS SO PATHETIC THEY CANT EVEN GET SOME MANUFACTURING PROCESS WORKING THEMSELVES!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Someone needed to do that >_>

You know, I think that we shouldn't praise either company, because it would be really stupid. Just find the better processor at your price. If Intel can also improve their architecture, then they would be all set. All AMD needs to do is shrink the die size so they can make things cheaper....either way, consumers win!

And please stop being a fanboy, although I have no way in stopping you :roll:
this time for ycon

Who cares how they do it (AMD and IBM etc) aslong as they offer performance at a good price to suit, either is good and fanboys are pathetic (waiting for MMM to arive) and as for conroe - even if its quicker AMD will offer cheap chips so they will both offer great chips even then (and i prefer AMD to be 2nd so they do offer cheap fast chips as they do).